What Next?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently bought the Pioneer PDP-428XD. It's still connected via scart to my standard 6yr old Grundig sky box. I'm siitting here watching the Barnsley Chelsea match thinking that the grainy picture I'm seeing from 4m from the screen is far worse than my 12yr old Sony 29" crt. I found the choice of tv bewildering, and am now finding the same about what to do next. Have I wasted my money? Any recommendations, brands etc.

Thanks,

R

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Have you got any HD sources for your TV?

I'd suggest Sky HD. I think that there's enough decent programming in HD to justify the cost with more coming all the time and you'll get the benefits of your new screen.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much - the picture from the Barnsley match was dreadful. Even with all the upscaling at my disposal, I couldn't get it to look great...

Having said that, the picture on BBC HD from the Rugby earlier was excellent (certainly far better than the game)
emotion-6.gif

As ever, sources are so important. I'd say an HD source should be on your list - it's a superb set, and deserves to be well-fed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

Having said that, the picture on BBC HD from the Rugby earlier was excellent (certainly far better than the game)
emotion-6.gif

[/quote]

There was me thinking it was an excellent game ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts