What Musical subwoofer do you recommend?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all

I have had REL subs in the past (R305 Gloss black) and it was ok apart from the gloss black finish, you only had to dust it and it was marked, plus i have heard downfiring subs are better.

I was wondering if there are any better subs out there for the same kind of money or less, i have got the naim xs so i would'nt be able to use the high level connection due to no binding posts, velodyne subs look good but no one near me stocks them so demoing is not possible, svs subs get good reviews to but again i can't demo.

I don't need anything that will bring down the albert hall just a small well built subtle yet musical sub that will integrate well with my current set up.

my room size is 15ft x 12ft and budget is up to £1000 but would preferably like to spend as little as possible.

many thanks

A

Anonymous

The Avi Adm sub is superb and costs £800, or at least did before Xmas. But it is 45cm wide so may be to big, mine is in a corner and does not boom it is very musical.
Nick

A

Anonymous

unfortunatly too big for my requirements

W43cm x H36cm x D36cm

maybe in the next house
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

For me; the PV1 sub offers supberb sound and bass output for my system

Even with low volume the PV1 really helps out but doesnt overbear ANY of the soundstage whatsoever...

Well worth a demo IMO; more so with your budget!

A

Anonymous

I have heard from various people the pv1 is exceptional with movies but can get lost with music, how do you find it with music?

A

Anonymous

THESTIG08:

I have heard from various people the pv1 is exceptional with movies but can get lost with music, how do you find it with music?

Absolutely superb

I've pushed it very hard with all sortes of music from the likes of Parov Stelar to Metallica to Hed Kandi to Dean Martin to Glenn Miller etc... The sub has never once 'got lost'.

I appreciate that everyone has different hearing and it's something that would definitly need to be demo'd but everyone that has listened to my system with the sub on and then off and then on again has said that it makes a real, superb and subtle difference

A

Anonymous

the BK Monolith has to be a contender ar £450 ish but if you want a proper sub at under a grand listen to a MK SB1250 THX

very musicall subs apparently as well according to unbiased reports and brilliant for movies as well.

A

Anonymous

Another vote for BK here. An XXLS400 would probably be around the right size for your room. I have one and its used 90% of the time for music. I wanted something music oriented rather than AV and I think the BK range of sealed subs fit the bill. The bass is tight and very well controlled.

A

Anonymous

cheers for the reply hifilover1979, i will put the pv1 on my list to demo, i must admit its a superb looking piece of kit and i hope it performs well.

The monolith is huge and although a fine sub i would find it hard getting that past the mrs.

A

Anonymous

THESTIG08:
cheers for the reply hifilover1979, i will put the pv1 on my list to demo, i must admit its a superb looking piece of kit and i hope it performs well.

The monolith is huge and although a fine sub i would find it hard getting that past the mrs.

No worries

That's one thing about the PV1 is that the wife likes its looks
emotion-11.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts