Question What makes you reach for the records?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
My listening habits seem to ebb and flow with the weather, and countless other influences, but I rarely find myself in the mood to spin a few records instead of CDs.
I don’t stream, but I watch live music via YouTube. It’s quite good for watching pro-shot gigs of favourite bands.
Today became a day to put a record on, because the album I wanted to listen to is one I only have on the black stuff. So, it’s given me an appetite to listen to a few more this evening.
What makes you reach for the records?
Mood? Preference? Choice?
I’ve certainly got to be in the right mood too, which this evening, I definitely am.

I’ve been away for a few days with work so I was pleased to see 2 new deliveries waiting for me when I got home. One record and one CD. I’ve already listened to the record, now just put the cd on. It’s so good to be back in front of my music. Spotify in a ford transit just does not do it 😂

I’ve been away for a few days with work so I was pleased to see 2 new deliveries waiting for me when I got home. One record and one CD. I’ve already listened to the record, now just put the cd on. It’s so good to be back in front of my music. Spotify in a ford transit just does not do it 😂
time to upgrade the van??? :)

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
It's co-incidental that you should ask that question, as I am planing for the long weekend (mine is 5 days) in listening to my records with no rush.

What makes me reach over?
It's having the time. I like my music. CDs, streaming are much more convenient, but when I want to really enjoy and immerse myself on music. Then it's vinyl.

Reactions: Al ears and hifi

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Vinyl, it is just great, that whole process of choosing what you want to listen too, the process of getting everything ready and then the pure joy of listening to your choice being played, and you have something tactile to hold and look at, just awesome.

I grew up when the mediums for music were Vinyl, Cassette and Radio, that was it, I adopted CD's they were so much better than cassettes and had a CD player in the car as soon as they became available but vinyl, well that has stayed with me, and although for many years the HiFi stuff just sat in the loft due to a lack of space in the house to have it up and running, once the kids moved out the stuff came out of the loft and now I have a great little system that gives me just what I want.

Yes I have tried streaming and sadly it does nothing for me, I find it cold and un-involving, I know that many just love streaming and see it as the way forward and it probably is but for me Vinyl will always be king.
Its a long process but worth it in the end i do stream but not often. I use streaming too explore new music for free if i like it i buy it .

It's co-incidental that you should ask that question, as I am planing for the long weekend (mine is 5 days) in listening to my records with no rush.

What makes me reach over?
It's having the time. I like my music. CDs, streaming are much more convenient, but when I want to really enjoy and immerse myself on music. Then it's vinyl.
My sentiments entirely, you need time to appreciate vinyl as some albums simply have to be heard in full...

Reactions: Clarkey_71

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Wish I could say the same, I've got three been on order for months, but they'll be here eventually.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I also drive a 70 plate transit custom for work, I listen to podcasts and audio books rarely music while driving, often drive in silence, as I get older listening to music is a singular activity.

Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts