WHAT HIFI Experts please help with Sony HT-CT100 3.1-Channel Surround Sound System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy the
Sony HT-CT100 3.1-Channel Surround Sound System here in the uk

anyone got any ideas i can only find it in the u.s.

and shipping costs more than the system

A

Anonymous

if its not available in the uk will it or when is it available?

A

Anonymous

the closest i can get to it is the RHT - G500 which seems to have the same system but includes a really ugly tv unit

A

Anonymous

please somebody must have an idea

is there anything available in the uk thats like it i.e similar size, same connections

anything

matthewpiano

Nothing like that available from Sony in the UK at present.

Note that Sony UK don't buy every single Sony product in, so there will always be some products that are available in other territories but not here.

Other manufacturers do make sound bar systems though. Yamaha make quite a range in fact.

A

Anonymous

thanks but the sony is cheap as chips compared to the yamaha

plus ive got sony tv and ps3 so i'd like it to match

but thankyou

A

Anonymous

You're lucky, I've got all the info you need since I've been searching for it for days too :D

Here goes: The HT-CT100 was never released in Europe, and I doubt it ever will. The closest thing is the HT-FS1, which is a 2.1 system and not a soundbar but it shares the same subwoofer/central unit and features with the HT-CT100. The HT-CT500 will be released in Europe around August.

A

Anonymous

thank you

cant believe there not releasing it here

any idea how much the 500 will be?

A

Anonymous

Well, I'm from Greece. I would guess the equivalent of the US price in euro - in the US it has a list price of $500 and a street price of $360, so I'm expecting it to be around 360 euro or 300-350 pounds. This is all based on pure speculation though, I contacted Sony Greece but they couldn't give me any prices yet.

That's what I'll buy, fwiw, for the extra connections and upscaling capabilities over the ht-ct100/ht-fs1. I just bought a projector and I can control all my inputs through this, so I won't be needing a seperate a/v receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts