What hi fi team,1 box or 2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have the Sony BDP S550 Blu-ray player and the Humax Foxsat-HD receiver, i was going to upgrade to the Humax foxsat HD recorder this will cost me £229 plus changing to a twin LNB but ive been looking at the PANASONIC DMR-BS750EBK which is the twin freesat recorder and blu-ray player combined this will cost me £349, would this be worth the extra cash ie. would the picture and sound be any better for blu-ray playback with the panasonic as opposed to my sony blu-ray player. Secondly can you receive bbc i-player on the panasonic as i know you can on the Humax being able to record to blu-ray disk is not of any interest so discount that as a bonus point. Can anyone shed any light on these questions please?

A

Anonymous

Anyone got any thoughts on this, does anyone own a panasonic blu-ray recorder?

daveh75

I'd keep your current BDP and go for the Humax HDR personally, its a better Freesat PVR than the Panasonic and it has iplayer now...The Panasonics aren't due an update for Iplayer till end of october, assuming testing goes ok.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dave

I`ve got a Humax freesat HD pvr as well and really like it, infact its changed the way we view tv at home

how do I access i-player on it please if you wouldn`t mind letting me know

sorry to the OP if its off topic

thanks Al

daveh75

albriscoe:how do I access i-player on it please if you wouldn`t mind letting me knowl First you need to connect the box to your BB router via ethernet cable, or use homeplugs or a wireless bridge if cabling isn't convenient.

Then, when on any BBC channel press the 'red button' and there is a link to BBC iplayer on the interactive menu, press select wait for iplayer to load and away you go.

There's a video tutorial on the Freesat website,somewhere...

EDIT - Found it. http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=iPlayer.checklistVideo

A

Anonymous

many thanks Dave

as the Humax is on the same AV rack as the router is, thats quite easy for me to try

so try I will. thanks for the link as well I`ll check it out

once again many thanks Al
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your views, think i will get the humax, i just liked the idea of only having an av receiver and the multi purpose panasonic under the tv, no clutter. I suppose it makes sense to stick with seperate units, cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts