What hi-fi gear are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
expat_mike said:
Good choice, but it will only happen for me, if I buy it.... *sad*

Darn it, what I want will not fit under my Christmas tree.

You need to get a bigger tree...*biggrin*

Mrs DDC has been persuaded to buy me a new pair of headphones, fairly cheap but seriously good.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
there are several of what you want on ebay at the moment, most within your price bracket.

Myself, I'm waiting till after xmas, looking for a cheap Dolby Atmos equipped av amp to somehow add to an existing av system that I only upgraded the previous year and don't want to junk, got the extra speakers just need the amp.

*music2*

daveh75

I'm an adult and atheist...

But i orderd myself one of these

top_efcc6d1d-3094-4616-8679-29de7070888f_1024x1024_zpslhmnkhpj.jpg

As I was lucky enough to procure one of these

kd9nfntpa3i8g5tgj59c_zpszcgv0o3x.jpg

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
daveh75 said:
I'm an adult and atheist...

But i orderd myself one of these

Gift giving and celerbrating in the December months was going on long before the Christians highjacked the celerbrations for their own needs. Jesus was not even born in December but in July if I remember rightly. It's been a very long since I last read the Bible.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
macdiddy said:
there are several of what you want on ebay at the moment, most within your price bracket.

I've just bagged a Yamaha DSP-E800 for a measly £8. What a bargain!

It should make a good 4 channel pre-amp so that I can play games in surround sound. Time to get those DM5's out of storage and setup them up as rear surrounds.

Not sure my model but it was 3 channel and used the nad 270 as fronts

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
...some of these for my girlfriend: Clicky

Apparently the SoundMagic E10 earphones that she's currently using aren't a patch on the old (and now dead :( ) Sony earphones she was using. Hopefully these new ones will be like the old ones that came with my MP3 player.

Also I wouldn't mind one of these just for fun: Clicky

But only if I can find one for under £40.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So long as it's wrapped up in divorce papers I'll settle for an old Amstrad mono portable cassette deck.

Boy, have I had it with married life this weekend....

davedotco said:
Al ears said:
expat_mike said:
Good choice, but it will only happen for me, if I buy it.... *sad*

Darn it, what I want will not fit under my Christmas tree.

You need to get a bigger tree...*biggrin*

Mrs DDC has been persuaded to buy me a new pair of headphones, fairly cheap but seriously good.

This is true.

I'll have a word with those nice Scandinavians that send one to London each year.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
macdiddy said:

Just waiting for one in near mint condition for under £40 including postage. Maybe in January/February when everybody's skint and the priced of stuff on Ebay drops a bit.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
macdiddy said:

It should make a good 4 channel pre-amp so that I can play games in surround sound. Time to get those DM5's out of storage and set them up as rear surrounds.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
steve_1979 said:
macdiddy said:

It should make a good 4 channel pre-amp so that I can play games in surround sound. Time to get those DM5's out of storage and setup them up as rear surrounds.

Not sure my model but it was 3 channel and used the nad 270 as fronts

Yeah that sounds like the same one. It also has 5.1 pre-outs so can be used with active speakers too.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
...some of these for my girlfriend: Clicky

Apparently the SoundMagic E10 earphones that she's currently using aren't a patch on the old (and now dead :( ) Sony earphones she was using. Hopefully these new ones will be like the old ones that came with my MP3 player.

Quote from the girlfriend. :)

"Those new earphones (the Sony MDR-EX650) are out of this world. You can keep those piddling ones from last year (the SoundMagic E10) these are much better."

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
So long as it's wrapped up in divorce papers I'll settle for an old Amstrad mono portable cassette deck.

Boy, have I had it with married life this weekend....

Get a pair of ear plugs.

large_356_Earplugs_McCallum.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts