What's the first song and artist you listened to this new year and what hifi gear was it through?

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
With it being the new year what was or is going to be your first track ?
What hifi gear is it going through and is there a particular reason for listening to it other than just pleasure........

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Pink Floyd: 3rd March 1988 at the Budokan in Tokyo. Ironically the last one of 2023 was the 2nd March concert at the Budokan.
Stream from Oppo 105D to Mackintosh MA275 amp to Kef Reference Model One speakers.
I'd love to hear that hifi.
Already to my mind it would sound incredible.
That amp looks like a work of art.

I'm always googling other people's hi-fi to see what they are listening to.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Leading up to Hogmanay (and Happy New Year everyone!), I was listening to Roy Gaines I got the T-bone walker album (DSD256 via external SSD drive) on my setup in the bedroom, SMSL SD-9 network digital player, Atoll IN100SE, Dali Oberon 3.

1704125957107.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuart83

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Picked up a copy of massive attack’s mezzanine have yet to open it, played through the hifi I have now.

Sugden a21, klipsch heresy 3, musical fidelity mx vynl, technics 1200gr with a nag 150, no reason to change.

Fandango Andy

What hifi gear is it going through and is there a particular reason for listening to it other than just pleasure........

White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane for no particular reason.

Played on my main system: Marantz PM4200 - WiiM Mini - SMSL SU-1 - Tannoy Mercury m1 in living room and Tannoy Eclipse Mini in Kitchen.

matthewpianist

The 2018 stereo remix of 'October', by Barclay James Harvest.

I always start the New Year with something I would count amongst my favourites, as it provides an anchor point for what is to follow.

I listened on the system in my signature - the one I've now had for nearly 4 months without changes, which is a miracle for me.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
The 2018 stereo remix of 'October', by Barclay James Harvest.

I always start the New Year with something I would count amongst my favourites, as it provides an anchor point for what is to follow.

I listened on the system in my signature - the one I've now had for nearly 4 months without changes, which is a miracle for me.
Hi "Mathiewpianist"
I can't find it, only octoberon comes up using those search parameters 😢

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Well to be fair I got Rick Rolled. I was watching Hootenanny. Turned over to BBC1 to watch the fireworks then it cut back to Rick Astley and that song🤣

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts