what do i do

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have the following set up.

a samsung hd tv, not sure if its fully hd. kef kht1005 speakers, ixos cables, oed speaker silver anniversery speaker cables, tosheba hdxe1 hd dvd, playstaion 3 and a pioneer vsx 1016 av. i am told that the pioneer will not support the new hdmi cables i want to upgrade to, so although this has taken a while to gather is my pioneer already out dated and needing replacement or is there another fix.

thanks

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Which HDMI cables are you thinking of buying? And do you want to route the Toshiba and PS3 through the Pioneer? As I recall the VSX-1016 has one HDMI (v1.2) input for connecting a single video source component.

A

Anonymous

from what i see there is 2 in and 1 out and i think your right, its version 1.2 i have been looking at the chord hdmi but told its a different version will this still achieve high output in a 1.2 or can they be adapted.

many thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The new cables won't be a problem, but the Pioneer won't be able to handle for example the high-definition audio formats the your players can output. But the Chord cable is still a sensible value for money buy.

A

Anonymous

many thanks for the info, can you get an upgrade on the hdmi sockets to 1.3 version. or am i stuck with what i have. thanks again.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm afraid you are stuck with what you have. There'd be rather more to its than just an upgrade of the sockets - in fact the sockets are about the only thing that wouldn't need changing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts