What next.....upgrade wise

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Pete Shields said:
So I've had the dream holiday to the US, but this is still niggling me!

I've started to go off the sound of the M/pwr (too lean and bright) and I find I'm back to doing my listening in solitary through my MDAC and Sennheiser HD650's. They sound miles better than speakers.

So first port of call is probably swap my amp to something that will drive my speakers better.

Seen a lot on Ebay for my £1k spend and also some good deals on the web at the moment. Power amps amongst them that I am able to control off the MDAC. Roksan Caspian 2's always seem to be on offer.

So the main question is doe anybody recommend a good match for my Tannoy Revolution DC6t SE's? 

Pete, do I remember it right with you being in Manchester?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

drummerman said:
Audiolab = detail Naim = punch Cyrus = in the middle

although Cyrus very detailed in the signature systems.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Pete Shields said:
So I've had the dream holiday to the US, but this is still niggling me!

I've started to go off the sound of the M/pwr (too lean and bright) and I find I'm back to doing my listening in solitary through my MDAC and Sennheiser HD650's. They sound miles better than speakers. ...

If you want something that sounds better than your HD650 have a listen to some AVI DM10 active speakers. They really do sound remarkably similar to Senheisers high end headphones but in speaker form. In fact AVI use a pair of HD650 and HD800 as a reference when designing them. They are clearer than the HD650 and almost on a par with HD800.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts