What DLNA server programs play FLAC files in Windows XP?

david_tring

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Just bought the Pioneer SC-LX85 amp after it received 5 stars from WhatHiFi! - as usual their review was spot-on, it sounds fabulous but that's off topic here. The Pioneer plays hi-res FLAC files up to 24bit/192kHz. I've downloaded the 24bit/96kHz sampler from HDTracks - no problem. But the amp doesn't see them - problem. Help! Checked the manual's small print - apparently Windows Media Player 11 doesn't handle FLAC (why not!!!!!) so I need to use another DLNA-certified server (I'm assuming that means a server program, not physically another box like a NAS) to play these. So any suggestions for a server program that runs under Windows XP and that will handle FLAC up to 24bit/192kHz over a wired home network (Netgear DG834 router)? Best regards - David

A

Anonymous

Try the Squeezebox software if all else fails. I can now play FLAC on my PS3 via the DLNA plugin. Works a treat.

ruskiru

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I use J RIVER Media Center to stream FLAC between computers. I think it's a DLNA-certified server and works on XP, so might do the trick for you, though I only stream 16-bit files.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts