What AV receiver for up to £500 - Looking at Yamaha RX-V1065 or Denon Avr 1910, others??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current setup is about 5 or so years old and have just replaced my old TV and bought a Samsung UE40B7020.

The rest of my kit consists of;

Sony STR5000ES receiver, Kef 2005.2 Speakers, Sony BD560 Bluray, PS3, QED Silver anniversary speaker cable, Chord supershield HDMI's and Apple TV.

The problem I have is that the Sony receiver doesn't have HDMI, although the BD560 will decode onboard. I am in the market for a new receiver and was originally sold on getting the Denon 1910 but see that the Yamaha 1065 has dropped to just about £50 more, coming in at £500. I would love the 2310 Denon but cant justify the extra couple hundred pounds.

Is this £50 well spent? Would the Yamaha be "too much amp" for the speakers (I would like to upgrade to the BW MT30's at some point in the future), what other options?

Any thoughts please?

A

Anonymous

I think you could get the Denon 2310 for £599. I'd wait until you had the extra money and get that. I love mine
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I remember seeing it here after I bought mine..........but can't remember the store! I dare do a search on "Denon 2310" to find it there will be about 200 threads
emotion-2.gif
Maybe whoever posted it will read the thread and tell us.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 2005s can handle a good amp so dont worry about stepping up the range if you can especially If you are considering improving upon the speakers in the future.

The 1065 will work well with the Kefs as will the Onkyo range - look at the NR807 if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts