What AV receiver could I hook my Naim Uniti up to

John Duncan

Any particular reason, bearing in mind the Uniti's raison d'ˆtre?

it limits your options to five (according to the database - do check manufacturer specs for veracity):

Denon AVR-1909
Sony STR-DA2400ES
Denon AVR-1910
Denon AVR-2310
Onkyo TX-NR807

Thus ruling out other capable receivers like the yamaha 1900...

stephenbrooks

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I want both AV and a Naim Uniti hence looking to see how I could hook them up. Money not a major issue - but more than £1,500 seems a bit indulgent! Your raison d'etre comment?

John Duncan

stephenbrooks:Your raison d'etre comment?

I'm wondering why the receiver has to be network capable (ie to play music from a hard drive, which is all they will do, AFAIK) when that's what the Uniti does?

John Duncan

Sorry to clutter up this post with our ramblings, we've taken our discussion offline now
emotion-1.gif

So yes, I wouldn't worry too much about network capability. That said, do you want capacity for high-def audio formats from Blu Ray, or are you sticking with DVD?

John Duncan

Right - two options then, buy a Blu Ray player with analogue outs so that you don't need a hi-def capable receiver, and buy a well-regarded older model off eBay; or take a look at this lot and see what floats your boat. Preout count is in the tech specs section for each...

A

Anonymous

My Uniti is hooked up to a Pioneer SC-LX81 and I have an even greater overlap of functions with my Sonos!

You just need an AV amp with preouts from which you can connect the front left and right speaker preout to one of the Uniti analogue input with a pair of phono cables. Goto setup on the Uniti > input > select the input and change the AV fixed volume to yes. This will allow you to control the volume from your AV amp when playing movies.

TRENDING THREADS