What are you watching?

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe:
f1only:Hot Fuzz AGAIN lol

Oooooo, Hot Fuzz was filmed in my home town (city!)
emotion-15.gif

A friend of a friend is an extra in Hot Fuzz, never noticed her in it (mostly in the bit outside the church) before she mentioned it, now she seems to be constantly in it.
emotion-1.gif

Watched this again the other day

3344489x.jpg

Fantastic film - shame about Ray Winstones "American" accent...

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:
Reading/Leeds highlights on BBC 'red button'....

CONTROL-Screenshot_1283366034611.png

Biffy Clyro

I caught the Paramore set a few nights ago, I'd never seen them before (heard of 'em) and now I'm totally in love with Hayley WIlliams
emotion-10.gif
Got their latest CD on the back of that performance - listening to it right now in fact, very good indeed.

Shame I missed the Biffy Clyro set though.

SteveR750

JamesOK:

Just watched this. Hmm, not really sure what I make of it.

I watched this sandwiched between Shutter Island and Ghost Writer on a long pane journey couple of weeks ago. I thought the other tow films were better, but even they were not in "special" category, I thought this was just flat, almost like a good but ultimately not very funny joke told by one of your children.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We keep watching the LOTR DVD trilogy and loving it in hifi stereo and on the Sony BDP-S350 and S0ny 40W4000. No doubt that if we saw it in a dedicated home cinema environment we would wonder why we are so be-nighted. But the DVD trilogy on what we currently use is great,

It is said that you don't know what you have 'til it's gone, but equally, you don't know what you can have 'til you experience it!
emotion-5.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750:JamesOK:
14809921x.jpg

Just watched this. Hmm, not really sure what I make of it.

I watched this sandwiched between Shutter Island and Ghost Writer on a long pane journey couple of weeks ago. I thought the other tow films were better, but even they were not in "special" category, I thought this was just flat, almost like a good but ultimately not very funny joke told by one of your children.

Yeah, flat is probably a good way to describe it. Admitedly I wasnt overly bothered about watching it anyway (my girlf put it on the rental list!), but I think I was probably expecting more than I actually got. I am not a massive fan of hugely CGI'ed films anyway.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Now that's a question. Personally I'd buy it (which I did, as I got it for £15). Some very good humour and some bloody, gory violence as well. I must be honest it wasn't what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it very much.

If you don't buy you must rent, it's well worth a watch.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Andy H:
Now that's a question. Personally I'd buy it (which I did, as I got it for £15). Some very good humour and some bloody, gory violence as well. I must be honest it wasn't what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it very much.

If you don't buy you must rent, it's well worth a watch.

Fair enough Andy - I nearly bought it on the weekend was 15 quid in Sainsburys or 17 in Tesco, but then I did the "well i'll just put it on the rental list" thing and didnt! Turns out tesco rental are not doing it at the moment anyway, so I guess I'll just buy it.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
007%20-%20A%20View%20To%20A%20Kill.jpg

Watched this on ITV HD earlier. Its a bit of a dog as far as Bond is concerned!

The script mostly consists of the blonde woman either screaming or looking at Bond and shouting "James", whilst Bond rescues her from various situations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts