What are you watching?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

daveh75:

hmtb:

I just finished watching Inglourious Basterds and thought it was very good. Has anyone else seen it, and if so, what did you think of it?
Yep,saw an "advanced screening" back in august, thought it was excellent.....Tarantino's back at the top of his game IMO.

Did you watch it on Blu-Ray? If so, is it a good transfer?

Yes, I saw it on blu ray. I thought it was a good transfer, PQ was very good, in my opinion, though not sure sure about the SQ since I use the tv's speakers.

A

Anonymous

I saw Avatar yesterday at the cinema, have just finished watching My Name Is Earl Season 3 and am about to start on The Shield Season 7.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Just stuck on Heat on Blu Ray. Only watched a little bit of it (supposed to be working from home after all) but the picture quality looks excellent. Well worth the 11 quid I paid for it.

daveh75

The first episode,from the new series of The Big Bang Theory. As i missed it last night,then........

idc:The Dr Who Never Mind The Buzzcocks Special.

As i also missed that, cheers for the reminder Ian
emotion-21.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:At last. Tonight is the much anticipated James May's Toy Story where he builds a full sized house, out of lego! That series has been brilliant.

Oh cool - I wasnt aware of that. Sticking it on Sky Plus right now.

daveh75

JamesOK:
idc:At last. Tonight is the much anticipated James May's Toy Story where he builds a full sized house, out of lego! That series has been brilliant.

Oh cool - I wasnt aware of that. Sticking it on Sky Plus right now.

Cheers for the reminder, had completely forgotten about this!

idc

I went to the big cinema yesterday and watched a film called 'Alvin & The Chipmunks - The Squeakqual'. It was a damning indictment of the ruthlessness of the music industry and institutionalised bullying in high schools.

On the TV box I watched part one of 'Day of the Triffids' with Dougray Scott and Eddie Izzard and Joely Richardson. I hope the triffids win.

The Top Gear Special was brilliant, but there was no way Clarkson was at the wheel as he passed the other 4x4 on the crumbling moutain road. Way too dangerous for such a big star.

daveh75

RodhasGibson:daveh75: Sherlock Holmes @ the cinema..........
Okay Dave, and your verdict is ? I am Thinking of getting the blu-Ray.As a Sherlock Holmes movie it was disappointing and didn't really work IMHO.

Though as an action/adventure movie,particularly if you like Ritchie's style, it's enjoyable...

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I enjoyed watching the film "Grey Gardens" on Sky the other day starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. It's a dramatisation of the true story about the lives of mother and daughter both called Edith Beale who were the aunt and first cousin of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. They lived together at a house called Grey Gardens in East Hampton New York for decades with virtually no money, the mother didn't want to sell up and move so they lived a reclusive life of poverty in the well to do area of the Hamptons.

Drew Barrymore was very charming in the role of the querky daughter "Little" Edie Beale and did a good job of portraying her character, along with the strange upper class New York accent.

It's nice to come across unexpected gems like this on the telly and it was the best thing I've watched over Christmas.

I did a bit of googlazontube searching and found there was a documentary film "Grey Gardens" released in 1975 abount the Beales and a follow up "The Beales of Grey Gardens" released in 2006 containing the footage which wasn't used in the original documentary and after watching the clips on YouTube I'm thinking of buying them on DVD.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just finished watching SuBo on an endless NHK New Year's Eve song special: she looked nervous and jetlagged to oblivion, poor love. Didn't understand the presenter's first question in English, and had to have it translated, seemed to lose the orchestra at one point, and generally seemed very nervy and not too sure where she was.

daveh75

Earlier- Top Gear, what were those computer graphics all about on the hamsters Lexus LFA film? Was good to see Seasick Steve as SIARPC though............

Now- Elvis:Aloha from Hawaii,on BBC2.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts