What are you listening to?

Page 530 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
On CD..

51xLWX-HQHL.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
On CD..

Ian-Anderson-Homo-Erraticus.jpg

.. a classic case of an album that has grown on me after repeated listens. After the first listen, I was non-plussed and underwhelmed. Now, on probably the 4th or 5th listen I really like it, particularly on headphones that I am currently listening through. Certainly not X-Factor material.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Leslie Feist , live in Paris on youtube .

Just fantastic !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1w0vxCC2w

Here is the full concert it is absolutely stunning if I could turn back time I would be there !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI4Q3yTzSTw

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Leslie Feist , live in Paris on youtube .

Just fantastic !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1w0vxCC2w

Here is the full concert it is absolutely stunning if I could turn back time I would be there !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI4Q3yTzSTw

Hi Electro,

Thanks for this... absolutely brilliant!

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
DIB said:
The latest CD..

Larry Miller - Soldier of the Line

Blues guitarist? If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he must be on the up, as I think he played in a pub in Weston-Super -Mare a year or two back.

Yes Freddie he's who you are thinking of.

Larry-1.jpg

Fantastic live act, though he still plays mainly small venues, and I can't see this changing anytime soon. Either way he has a solid and loyal fanbase that keep him in beer and guitar strings.

Give me 2 hours of Larry Miller at £10 in the back of a pub, to 2 hours of Joe Bonamassa at £200 in the Royal Albert Hall any day of the week.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hiya DIB

DIB said:

Fantastic live act, though he still plays mainly small venues, and I can't see this changing anytime soon. Either way he has a solid and loyal fanbase that keep him in beer and guitar strings.

Give me 2 hours of Larry Miller at £10 in the back of a pub, to 2 hours of Joe Bonamassa at £200 in the Royal Albert Hall any day of the week.

I know exactly what you mean. TBH, I find large venues a bit boring these days, no atmosphere. I see he is playing here in Bristol in a couple of months. A small venue, but as it happens not a very good one. Long and narrow, so unless you're at the front, you get to see nothing. But for sure, I'll get to see him at some stage. Thanks for putting me on to him
thumbs_up.gif

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Interstellar was a film I'd looked forward to seeing more than any other film for some time, but that did concern me. The bigger the hype and expectation, the greater the potential for disappointment. But having been pinned to my seat for 3 hours this week (twice), emotionally engaged for it all, I felt that Interstellar's scope, ambition, scale and emotional slam truly lived up to the word "Epic".
So I was understandably keen to listen to Hans Zimmer's score. The local HMV had sold out of their stock of CD's, so I was pleased to discover today its release on Spotify... WOW WOW WOW etc... It made me realise what a crucial ingredient the score had in the film's overall impact. Best listened to with a subwoofer with the neighbours out: the low frequencies WILL be engaged reaching depths that much music passes by. In fact, can I be so heathen to suggest that if you happen to have a decent 5.1 system, listen to it in Extended Stereo with all channels including the sub engaged. It deserves to engulf your whole room and sound broad and cinematic. I wouldn't recommend listening to it before you see the film though: you need to understand the emotional clues being referred to. I just can't wait to hear it in full fat 16bit CD. If only they released the soundtrack on Bluray Audio in a 5.1/7.1 DTS HD format!!!!! They already have the mix mastered for the movie. Marketing. Doh. As epic as the movie, I cannot recommend this soundtrack highly enough: I actually had goosebumps listening to some moments. Just make sure you see the film first.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Leeps said:
Interstellar was a film I'd looked forward to seeing more than any other film for some time, but that did concern me. The bigger the hype and expectation, the greater the potential for disappointment. But having been pinned to my seat for 3 hours this week (twice), emotionally engaged for it all, I felt that Interstellar's scope, ambition, scale and emotional slam truly lived up to the word "Epic".

So I was understandably keen to listen to Hans Zimmer's score. The local HMV had sold out of their stock of CD's, so I was pleased to discover today its release on Spotify... WOW WOW WOW etc... It made me realise what a crucial ingredient the score had in the film's overall impact. Best listened to with a subwoofer with the neighbours out: the low frequencies WILL be engaged reaching depths that much music passes by. In fact, can I be so heathen to suggest that if you happen to have a decent 5.1 system, listen to it in Extended Stereo with all channels including the sub engaged. It deserves to engulf your whole room and sound broad and cinematic. I wouldn't recommend listening to it before you see the film though: you need to understand the emotional clues being referred to. I just can't wait to hear it in full fat 16bit CD. If only they released the soundtrack on Bluray Audio in a 5.1/7.1 DTS HD format!!!!! They already have the mix mastered for the movie. Marketing. Doh. As epic as the movie, I cannot recommend this soundtrack highly enough: I actually had goosebumps listening to some moments. Just make sure you see the film first.

In that case, you might like this , I do
thumbs_up.gif
Some great lows.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Hiya DIB

DIB said:

I know exactly what you mean. TBH, I find large venues a bit boring these days, no atmosphere. I see he is playing here in Bristol in a couple of months. A small venue, but as it happens not a very good one. Long and narrow, so unless you're at the front, you get to see nothing. But for sure, I'll get to see him at some stage. Thanks for putting me on to him

A change of heart, gonna go see him after all, on Jan 3rd
thumbs_up.gif

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
m absolutely hooked On Live From Daryls house on youtube. I love watching the Diana Birch sessions so much and Brett Dennen session. In my enthusiasm.Ive bought four Brett Dennen Cd's and Diana Birch "Bible Belt" Which I would go as far as saying Its Better than any of the so called Classic critically acclaimed albums in My huge Cd collection. I can not Get ether artist out my head. Wonderful all I can say. So many songs keep going around and around in my head. Wonderful.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/archive.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoYkG3EUwc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts