What are you listening to?

Page 532 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Joe Cox said:
Recondite - Iffy - nice bit of dark, atmospheric techno

also available in 24-bit WAV

Pottering around this morning with this playing, really, really like it.

God knows why, it is miles away from what I usually play, any suggestions in a similar style?

BTW.

"First you play it soft, then you play it loud" © Curt Cobain, So last century......*dirol*

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Beth Hart , Joe Bonamassa - Don't Explain , on Cd .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXgZZkPP14

This is an amazing Cd in every possible way ! It sounds like a real live performance at home I close my eyes and I am there , I can feel it as well as hear it . *i-m_so_happy*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Within_the_Realm_of_a_Dying_Sun.jpg

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I've heard 'Into The Labyrinth' (which I liked), how does this compare?

In other news...

My son put me on to a band I've never heard of, Airbag (yes I know, carp name!). Anyway, listening to their album 'The Greatest Show On Earth'. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. If you like your 'prog'(neo) to be melodic, this could well be right up your street. Slightly 'Floydy' (with hints of Rothery) in places but without the massive 'soundstage' (there can be only one Rick Wright). Prog lovers really should give this a spin. Here's the Spotify link.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:

I don't know 'Into The Labyrinth', but I think it's far more World Music influenced than 'Within The Realms Of A Dying Sun'. WTROADS is quite goth, very orchestral, but absolutely beautiful. The ranges of sounds Lisa Gerrard gets from her voice are just unbelievable, and Brendan Perry is underrated as a singer to.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:

I don't know 'Into The Labyrinth', but I think it's far more World Music influenced than 'Within The Realms Of A Dying Sun'. WTROADS is quite goth, very orchestral, but absolutely beautiful. The ranges of sounds Lisa Gerrard gets from her voice are just unbelievable, and Brendan Perry is underrated as a singer to.

I see WTROADS is available on Spotify, I'll give it a listen in a bit
thumbs_up.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
DIB said:
Chilling out listening to a master at work..

.. blinding stuff. Laid back to the max.

I've heard 'Bridge Of Sighs' of course. I see this one is on Spotify, so I'll check it out

Good man Freddy.

I also listened to this via Spotify last night (I've subsequently bought the CD online!).

Very different to Bridge of Sighs, very restrained and economical in a good way. This fitted the mood of the post Xmas celebrations comedown perfectly for me. Comfy chair, nice bottle of red, eyes closed, lights dimmed etc. Perfect end to a lovely day.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Macspur said:
Electro said:
Shawn Colvin - Cover Girl , Cd

Lovely !

Shawn Colvin – Twilight - Live

Love this girls voice.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Hi Mac ,

Yes she has a lovely voice, so delicate but expressive and emotional at the same time .

Her live Cd is especially good .

http://open.spotify.com/album/76XiYZlo3Pd86N4KpATj7V

I've got a few of hers... Fat City, A Few Small Repairs and a superb Christmas album Holiday Songs and Lullabys

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts