What are you listening to?

Page 531 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
I am absolutely hooked On Live From Daryls house on youtube. I love watching the Diana Birch sessions so much and Brett Dennen session. In my enthusiasm. Iv'e bought four Brett Dennen Cd's and Diana Birch "Bible Belt" Which I would go as far as saying Its Better than any of the so called Classic critically acclaimed albums in My huge Cd collection. I can not Get ether artist out my head. Wonderful all I can say. So many songs keep going around and around in my head. Wonderful.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/archive.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoYkG3EUwc

matthewpiano

Electro said:
matthewpiano said:
Flying Colors - Second Nature. Excellent stuff.

I agree *good*

You also might like .

Spock's Beard – Hiding Out

and

The Aristocrats – Flatlands
Thanks Electro. Will give those a try! Meanwhile, in a week of prog, I've also been listening to:

Lunatic Soul - Walking On A Flashlight Beam

Pain of Salvation - Falling Home

IAMTHEMORNING - belighted

Pineapple Thief - Magnolia

Pineapple Thief - All The Wars

Luna Rossa - Secrets & Lies

No-Man - Flowermouth

Gazpacho - March of Ghosts

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've been meaning to buy this for ages, Radio Paradise are always playing their version of Sweet Jane which I love.

Finally got round to it and it's been on constant play for the last couple of days whilst driving around at work..

Cowboy_junkies_200_More_Miles_-_Live_Performances_1985-1994.jpg

.. fantastic stuff.

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
We liked Diana Krall And have several albums of hers. Liking that sort of music quite a lot. We moved on to Laura fygi. We like her much better. Her albums are also very high quailty Stereo. Very Lush. The album Bewitched Has joined the pile of Cd's of maybe five that never get put away. if your a Fan of this sort of music and havent had the pleasure yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZBg-WXtvDE

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I had to post this youtube video that I saw on another forum , it is fantastic especially as you can show your kids how the song should have been done *biggrin* .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Macspur said:
Wish I'd discovered it before writing my letter to Santa!

How was the Ane Brun concert?

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

It was absolutely fantastic ! It was a solo acoustic performance with some support from Alice Bowman on a couple of songs .

She is a very talented guitar and keyboards player and her voice live was astonishing , so pure but emotionally captivating , when she sung Ane Brun – Du gråter så store tåra - Norwegian Version I had to hold back tears of emotion as did many other people in the audience .

I persuaded my youngest son who is 17 to come with us so that he could hear some real music *smile* and I had a quick look at his face during the performance and it was obvious that her music had touched him also .

She mentioned that she will be touring next year probably with her full band so I will definitely be looking out for tickets *biggrin* .

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Macspur said:
Wish I'd discovered it before writing my letter to Santa!

How was the Ane Brun concert?

Mac

It was absolutely fantastic ! It was a solo acoustic performance with some support from Alice Bowman on a couple of songs .

She is a very talented guitar and keyboards player and her voice live was astonishing , so pure but emotionally captivating , when she sung Ane Brun – Du gråter så store tåra - Norwegian Version I had to hold back tears of emotion as did many other people in the audience .

I persuaded my youngest son who is 17 to come with us so that he could hear some real music *smile* and I had a quick look at his face during the performance and it was obvious that her music had touched him also .

She mentioned that she will be touring next year probably with her full band so I will definitely be looking out for tickets *biggrin* .

Excellent!

I will do my best to see her next time... Alice Bowman, I quite like what I've heard of her too.

Check out Anna Turnheim if you haven't already, I've got her album Night Visitor... she's another Scandanavian import.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts