What are you listening to?

Page 528 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Rebekka Karijord - We become ourselves .

http://open.spotify.com/track/1QiPpohRsgkcfhcvWi8GNc

http://open.spotify.com/track/4H6CdqlUgYp2GJ8b7XDH8r

I think you will like her Mac *smile*

Hey Electro, I was thinking she has a touch of Ane Brun about her then I tried the other album The Art of Letting Go and there she is on one of the tracks... really like it thanks and superb production.

If you haven't heard already perhaps try Jess Bryant "Silvern"

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to the album New Britain by industrial noise makers Whitehouse. Whitehouse make the most unseting music ever created. I do like this but I hardly ever listen to it because it can be very hard to take in if your in the wrong mindset. Most people would say this is nothing but noise but I believe that music should be about creating what you feel in your heart and if what you feel sounds like noise to 99 percent of everyone then you should still go ahead and make that noise because music is an art form and if you start putting boundaries on music then it is no longer an art form and becomes nothing more than a prouct.

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
images

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mac I bought the ECD1 DAC second hand a couple of months ago for a very good price !

The main reason I bought it is that I am toying with the idea of a streamer of some sort and I wanted a dac that would make it sound as good as my EMC1up Cd player , and as you know the the ECD1 dac is almost identical to the one in my Cd player .

I wanted to test it after it arrived to make sure it worked ok ( ebay purchase *smile* ) so I connected it to the digital output of my EMC1UP then connected the dac to the input of my pre amp so that I could compare the same Cd through the internal and the external dac's .

But for some strange reason the preamp muted the source when it tried to feed both dac's simultaneosly so I pulled my Monarchy Audio DIP ( digital interface processor ) out of the cupboard and connected it between the digital output of the EMC1up and the ECD1 dac digital input . I did this because I know the DIP completely isolates the Cd player from the dac electrically and hey presto I could listen to the Cd and switch between the two dac's to make a comparison .

The MA DIP buffers the digital signal then re - clocks it and boosts the strength of the signal going to the dac , it's primary use is between a transport and dac to reduce the amout of jitter .

Surprisingly connected this way there is a very small improvement , everything just seems a little smoother and more detailed especially with vocals, the soundstage appears to be a little wider and deeper too.

It's not a massive difference but definitely audible with well recorded music but I would be happy either way *smile*

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Heaven and Earth YES 3rd listen I do like it but I always in my minds ear think Yes Jon Anderson the new singer is good but not enough passion maybe he feels like the new boy 8 out of 10

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Hi Mac I bought the ECD1 DAC second hand a couple of months ago for a very good price !

The main reason I bought it is that I am toying with the idea of a streamer of some sort and I wanted a dac that would make it sound as good as my EMC1up Cd player , and as you know the the ECD1 dac is almost identical to the one in my Cd player .

I wanted to test it after it arrived to make sure it worked ok ( ebay purchase *smile* ) so I connected it to the digital output of my EMC1UP then connected the dac to the input of my pre amp so that I could compare the same Cd through the internal and the external dac's .

But for some strange reason the preamp muted the source when it tried to feed both dac's simultaneosly so I pulled my Monarchy Audio DIP ( digital interface processor ) out of the cupboard and connected it between the digital output of the EMC1up and the ECD1 dac digital input . I did this because I know the DIP completely isolates the Cd player from the dac electrically and hey presto I could listen to the Cd and switch between the two dac's to make a comparison .

The MA DIP buffers the digital signal then re - clocks it and boosts the strength of the signal going to the dac , it's primary use is between a transport and dac to reduce the amout of jitter .

Surprisingly connected this way there is a very small improvement , everything just seems a little smoother and more detailed especially with vocals, the soundstage appears to be a little wider and deeper too.

It's not a massive difference but definitely audible with well recorded music but I would be happy either way *smile*

Ah I see... interesting. I'm considering getting a Sonos streamer mainly for Spotify and Internet radio, would be keen for it to be as good as, or as near good as the EMC1Up, so this DAC could be the answer?

Mac

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Electro,

Just to let you know I've sorted all my play lists on Spotify into genres Alt/Rock, Cool Country, New/old folk, Acoustic Cafe, Late Night Jazz and Classic Classics.

Macs Mix was getting way too large!

Cheers

Mac

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
This is actually a pretty good compliation..

61xP6pklejL._SY300_.jpg

.. well 80% good anyway. The Virgin Records disc is pretty much unlistenable ( Gong, Egg, Hatfield and the North, Faust for example)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts