What are you listening to?

Page 76 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Siamese Dream - awesome album, I might have to take a listen again as I've not heard it in ages!

A

Anonymous

Lily+Allen+-+It%27s+Not+Me,+It%27s+You+Album+Cover.jpg

idc

Nice Genesis night Survivor. The Friday Night Rock Show on Radio 1 with Tommy Vance would have its annual best tracks and Suppers Ready would get its annual radio play! I always looked forward to that. Meanwhile.........

41RVQF1VTTL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:

Nice Genesis night Survivor. The Friday Night Rock Show on Radio 1 with Tommy Vance would have its annual best tracks and Suppers Ready would get its annual radio play! I always looked forward to that.

Tommy Vance Friday Night Rock Show Absolutely brill
10 “Forgotten Sons” Marillion
9 “Whole Lotta Rosie” ACDC
8 “I'm Running Free” Iron Maiden
7 “Freebird” Lynyrd Skynyrd
6 “Grendel” Marilliom
5 “Child In Time” Deep Purple
4 “Suppers Ready” Genesis
3 “Stargazer” Rainbow
2 “2112” Rush

1 “Stairway to Heaven” Led Zep
This is the Top 10 list from 1985 which I have written on a piece of paper in a cassette case (Does that count as sad or mad) Always a great 2 hrs of radio and I don't think I've listened to Radio 1 since the show finished.
The year before or after (can't remember which) Freebird was at No2 and Genesis at No3 I think.
Today I've played off Spotify

200px-Frampton_Comes_Alive.jpg

Used to have this on Cassette and not heard for 20 years must now get on CD or LP. Stonking good album

idc

Lost Angeles:[

Tommy Vance Friday Night Rock Show Absolutely brill
10 “Forgotten Sons” Marillion
9 “Whole Lotta Rosie” ACDC
8 “I'm Running Free” Iron Maiden
7 “Freebird” Lynyrd Skynyrd
6 “Grendel” Marilliom
5 “Child In Time” Deep Purple
3 “Stargazer” Rainbow
2 “2112” Rush

1 “Stairway to Heaven” Led Zep
This is the Top 10 list from 1985 which I have written on a piece of paper in a cassette case (Does that count as sad or mad) Always a great 2 hrs of radio and I don't think I've listened to Radio 1 since the show finished.
The year before or after (can't remember which) Freebird was at No2 and Genesis at No3 I think.

My recollection from about 1980 to 1983 was 1 - Stairway, 2 - Freebird, 3 - Suppers Ready and then as you have listed without the Marillion. Smoke on the Water and Comfortably Numb were also in there at times. Two hours of radio heaven and I think I got the Friday Night Connection once!

51K9DZSM7VL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
419RrVJhFpL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Idc I need to apologise the list had Marillion and ACDC equal at No 10 and I Missed Iron Maiden “The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner at No7. I've re-written with in brackets position from the year before.I didn't read the paper correctly earlier. I think I taped some of the programme. Never did get the Friday Night Connection. A great idea thou.
Strange that “Comfortably Numb” is missing.

10 “Forgotten Sons” Marillion (20)
10 “Whole Lotta Rosie” ACDC (16)
9 “I'm Running Free” Iron Maiden
8 “Freebird” Lynyrd Skynyrd (5)

7 “The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner” Iron Maiden (4)
6 “Grendel” Marillion (9)
5 “Child In Time” Deep Purple (3)
3 “Stargazer” Rainbow (2)
2 “2112” Rush (6)

1 “Stairway to Heaven” Led Zep (Always at 1)

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Not had a very good day on Spotify tried Opeth Damnation then top hits of The Eels, Crowded House, Tribe Pendragon and Opeth. Then played Crowded House “Woodface” which was ok.
Jimmy Page “Outrider” and now on Opeth “Ghost Reveries” it's actually not that heavy and pretty decent. Think I'll save and play another day.
Also played CD by Joe Bonamassa “The Ballad of John Henry”

A

Anonymous

Lost Angeles:
413B2KD5D6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

216VEPH6Q3L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Still on Spotify but had to return to 70s rock. Now playing top 5 hits of Corey Hart. whoever he is.

Had a Spotify 70's rock afternoon, although in a slightly different direction:

413KG3S2ECL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
61JsEobkXwL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

51qaKIy78BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51QIxIq06YL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

41d6o0rK3%2BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
41509sv72QL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Spacehopper 3rd attempt at doing this and can't get pics to work

Never been into Tangerine Dream. Got original Argus bought in 72 and Supertramp CD. A mate has got original Gentle Giant LPs and I'll load on Spotify for tomorrow now. Thanks for that.
Tonight listened to Townes Van Zandt “Top Hits”
Cat Stevens “Roadslinger” and currently listening to
Peter Frampton “Somethings Happening

matthewpiano

survivor:
dragonfly.jpg
breathingspace.jpg
GGPICAGOHJETCAID3NZBCAVD984OCAGY7KH.jpg

The Strawbs - Dragonfly (cd)

Breathing Space - Breathing Space (cd)

Barclay James Harvest - Time Honoured Ghosts (cd)

Nice session! I listened to Dragonfly the other night. As previously discussed I'm a big Strawbs fan, but I particularly love those early, more acoustic albums.

THG is one of my fave albums of all time. Strangely, although I generally prefer John Lees' songs to Les Holroyd's, 'Jonathan' is one of my favourite songs of all time too. Fabulous stuff.

TRENDING THREADS