What are you listening to?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This seems to work on another forum i'm on, so maybe it will here. What are you listening to? New purchases, or old gems... I've been reminded of stuff i own by seeing other folks listening to it. All the other threads in here seem to be about great bands that deserve their own thread. Currently i've got Malcolm Middleton's 'A Brighter Beat' on the turntable. It gets better everytime i play it. (which isn't often enough),

A

Anonymous

Not 100% sure why i put this on, but: Belle & Sebastian - Tigermilk Their early stuff is actually pretty good.

A

Anonymous

Im listening to 'Andwellas Dream, Love and Poetry album' and I have to say it is one of the best albums ever! Brilliant all the way through and one of the most complete albums I know. One I always go back to time and again. If you havent heard it I cant recommend highly enough.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fast eddie"]elle & Sebastian - Tigermilk Their early stuff is actually pretty good.[/quote] One of those rare bands for me, as in, I really like virtually everything they've done. From Tigermilk through to The Life Pursuit and all points inbetween. Musically, my favourites are If You're Feeling Sinister & The Boy With The Arab Strap. Sonically, Dear Catastrophe Waitress sounds fantastic as a hi-fi listen too. Currently listening to The Raconteurs new album and Zappa's Them Or Us. Both wonderful in their divergent ways.

A

Anonymous

I think that their earlier stuff is fresher, tigermilk up to DCW is good, but i've not bothered with The Life Pursuit as i think 5 albums plus the LLPJ box set is enough! currently listening to Ben Godwin's Skin and Bone. A Glasgow born New York based singer/guitarist who sounds like a young Tom Waits. Brilliant!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

reactivate 12 back in the day this was underground tribal techno/techno trance

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just now (yes, as a serial insomniac I'm still awake!) - "Peaches" by Presidents of the USA - a classic I'd forgotten about till it just came up on my iTunes Party Shuffle! Oh, "Animal" by Def Leppard just came on.. sweet!

A

Anonymous

Barclay James Harvest; After the day, the BBC radio broadcasts 74-76. Rather good i must say.

A

Anonymous

s&m metallica and the symphonic orchestra of san frasisco cd2

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
I absolutely love two things at the moment one is Trippa what a fantastic voice can not stop watching the Two videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbC1Xn2JXjU Also Devon Sproule/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YFK6m3FtU&feature=related / i find irresistible

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Do you think this type of thread is hypothetically. The reason i say is People are only interested in telling you what there listening to not at all interested what your listening to. Surely it speaks for its self by the responses. If i want user recommendations i go to amazon. I love jazz. I look for an album that i own i look down the list which says albums other people have bought that have bought this product. They are the people i am interested. My whole music collection been groomed on this. It still is a voyge of discovery for me. Following the links through plus you get the bonuses of one hearing bits of tunes on line. Plus buying it from a second party cheaper Than the amazon asking price on amazon. Most of my collection has come from Caiman Florida USA and what a brilliant service and cheap to. I pay around £6 a CD.

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Mr Thaiman, I keep seeing that Jeff Buckley CD in HMV and thinking mmmm should I shouldn't I, was sort of music is it ?? Someone did a version of Hallelujah on American Idol a while back which has got alot of people talking about Mr Buckley again (don't watch the prog myself but heard about it)

John Duncan

Not to pre-empt TM's response, but from my PoV he's an acquired taste - not immediate, but quite seductive eventually. Simply Vinyl used to do a 180g pressing of 'Grace' if you can find it (and if you have a t/t, obviously). Youtube has some stuff if you want to check him out for free first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts