What are you listening to?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Simon Lucas"]Stupendous choice, Thaiman. 'Tommy' is aces.
My favourite Who (and I say this partly for Mr E's benefit) is 'A Quick One, While He's Away'[/quote]

I have to read that twice just to make sure they are 2 of the Who songs and not er.....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
I have to read that twice just to make sure they are 2 of the Who songs and not er.....
[/quote]Believe it or not, Thaiman, it's just the one song - although a good 10 minutes or so at that. It fills up one side of the Who's second LP and basically is one of the first 'rock operas' , i.e. a very long song/set of songs that has a more or less coherent narrative, in this case it's about an unfaithful wife who cheats on her husband with an engine driver and then gets forgiven by him at the end. All good clean guitar smashing fun.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
cure-kissMeKissMeKissMe.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
New album by Mostly Autumn called `Glass Shadows` (cd)

Bruce Springsteen - Magic (cd)

Scott Walker - 4 (vinyl)

Arena - Contagion (cd)

Lyadrive - The Sands Of Time sessions 1982-83 (vinyl)

John Duncan

[quote user="professorhat"]Your home page just prompted me to put Journey - Don't Stop Believing on - love that song! Anyway, GP time.[/quote]

Ho yeah. Although Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) is my favourite........

A

Anonymous

just watched the cure 2005 festival on dvd and now listening to Rush, the spirit of radio.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="professorhat"]Your home page just prompted me to put Journey - Don't Stop Believing on - love that song! Anyway, GP time.[/quote]

Ho yeah. Although Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) is my favourite........[/quote]

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Oh yes! Love it, love it, love it! What a cracking way to open an album. Send Her My Love and Faithfully are two more classics from that lp. Do you cover Separate Ways?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
desperado.jpg

[/quote]

This is my second favourite Eagles album. If anyone has only got Hotel California and the Eagles Best Of/Greatest Hits then this really is worth adding to your collection.

John Duncan

[quote user="survivor"]Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Oh yes! Love it, love it, love it! What a cracking way to open an album. Send Her My Love and Faithfully are two more classics from that lp. Do you cover Separate Ways?[/quote]

Chance would be a fine thing. We're toying with the idea of adding keyboards (if I buy one), and that would be first on the list. I was introduced to Journey by this track, played on Paul Gambaccini's Saturday afternoon show years ago, which was how my love affair with ARS (American Rock S--- as my brother calls it) began. This track, on a Rega Planet/Mira combo, might very well be the most fun I've ever had with hifi..............

John Duncan

Though of course that was a joke. Did you enjoy them? I can't be objective about them, since I'd go back and do them all again - we did do each "album" in the space of about four hours, after all. Apart from "....Downfall", which I'm still quite proud of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts