What are you listening to?

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

Sheik_Yerbouti.jpg

idc

Jamie Ewbank:

I'm surprised at the lukewarm reaction to Simple Minds Graffiti Soul, I really enjoyed it. Granted, it's bit repetetive, but the fact that it's repeating good stuff and comes to an end to quickly for you to get bored of it mitigates that a great deal. It isn't good enough to get a four or five star review, but it'll be on my play pile for a good few weeks to come.

Off Spotify, musical fudge, very nice, but will quickly get fed up with it.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
tons.jpg
fireand.jpg

Free - `Tons Of Sobs` (cd)

Free - `Fire And Water` (vinyl)

My two favourite Free albums. The weekend felt like summer was here which made me feel like digging out some Free albums. Perfect late night summer rock music.

A

Anonymous

Double rotation this morning for "Ecologyst" by the good Dr Octagon... some v good hip-hop beats there.

dr_octagon_dr_octagonecologist_front.jpg

matthewpiano

The Magna Carta and Caravan discs are amongst my favourite albums and get played frequently. The Imagined Village disc was something I listened to a lot when it first came out, but this is its first outing for some time.

I purchased the Kings of Leon album when I had the Denon DCD/PMA1500AE combination and stopped listening to it because the sound quality seemed so awful. On my current set-up I'm blown away by the clarity of the recording both on this and the Imagined Village disc (another that I was never happy with sound wise). The Mezzos really are very very special speakers indeed.

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Roadsinger (to warm you through the night) Yusuf (CD)

Chronicles of Modern Life - Henry Priestman (CD)

Abraxas - Santana (Vinyl)

Tons of Sobs, Free at Last, Heartbreaker - Free (Vinyl)

Peter Gabriel 1st Album (Vinyl)

idc

61OuEq%2B5qvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Sounds better than ever before with the upgraded amps, but it is still a mess. If you get a chance Matthew, I would be interested in what you think of the Ash album in terms of its recording. I have always thought the Kings of Leon sounded fine (off Spotify), but I have heard much criticism of its recording. It must be very system dependent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts