What are you listening to?

Page 79 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

518g2lG-1lL__SS500_.jpg

matthewpiano

daveh75:
Picked these new releases up today, and am now listening to this...............

51z7D4rdHAL__SL500_AA240_.jpg

followed by this.

51ICueqV9KL__SL500_AA240_.jpg

Would be interested to hear what you think of both of these. I'm pondering the Simple Minds one, and I love the Island Records folk-rock stuff. Probably got quite a bit of it, but its always nice to have a really good compilation.

daveh75

matthewpiano:daveh75:

followed by this.

Would be interested to hear what you think of both of these. I'm pondering the Simple Minds one, and I love the Island Records folk-rock stuff. Probably got quite a bit of it, but its always nice to have a really good compilation. Have only listened to them both once so far ,but initial impression's are,Graffiti Soul,wellnot overly impressed and not on a par with their older stuff but may grow to like it,bit of an impulse buy TBH(think it's available on spotify now,so would certainly recommend a try on there first). But the island records folk-rock anthology,on the other hand, is great,like you have a lot of this stuff on other records but it makes for a great compilation, i also bought the island record's reggae anthology but haven't listened to it yet.

matthewpiano

daveh75:matthewpiano:daveh75:

followed by this.

Would be interested to hear what you think of both of these. I'm pondering the Simple Minds one, and I love the Island Records folk-rock stuff. Probably got quite a bit of it, but its always nice to have a really good compilation. Have only listened to them both once so far ,but initial impression's are,Graffiti Soul,wellnot overly impressed and not on a par with their older stuff but may grow to like it,bit of an impulse buy TBH(think it's available on spotify now,so would certainly recommend a try on there first). But the island records folk-rock anthology,on the other hand, is great,like you have a lot of this stuff on other records but it makes for a great compilation, i also bought the island record's reggae anthology but haven't listened to it yet.

Cheers mate. Have now ordered the Island set, and will listen to the Simple Minds on Spotify before I go any further with it. I seem to remember liking their previous album when it first came out and then getting bored of it quite quickly.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:

On Spotify, and am liking it a lot.............

9805221m.jpg

....so much so, i've just ordered it. Damn you Spotify!
emotion-14.gif

I've just played this off Spotify and it's very good. After the first few tracks I thought that its simple guitar, nice lyrics, nice voice and I would perhaps put on my MP3 player but not on CD. But having played the full disc it builds nicely. I will give this another listen and will probably buy. So that 4 CDs I've put in my wish list today, and ordered 2 vinyl albums that cost me £45, this is getting expensive

A

Anonymous

I'm surprised at the lukewarm reaction to Simple Minds Graffiti Soul, I really enjoyed it. Granted, it's bit repetetive, but the fact that it's repeating good stuff and comes to an end to quickly for you to get bored of it mitigates that a great deal. It isn't good enough to get a four or five star review, but it'll be on my play pile for a good few weeks to come.

TRENDING THREADS