What are you listening to?

Page 72 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Lots and lots of Melvins cds

Where have you been hiding Dave?

So have you heard the new Isis offering Chris?

Yep, got it through the post on Friday. Had about 2/3 listens so far. I'm preferring it to '....Truth', but it's still not a patch on 'Panopticon'. We'll see if it's a grower.

:)

Yep, think it'll take a while to absorb it all - listened to first two tracks on the way home in the car before replacing it with Stoner Witch.

daveh75

51T09JRVJJL__SS500_.jpg

idc

Simon Lucas:

idc:Have you got anything by Tortoise, my new favourite band?

If you haven't heard it yet, get Millions Now Living Will Never Die. It's the best realisation of that whole Tortoise thing...

Thanks for the tip Simon. I have got TNT (my 10p still in its cellophane purchase from a jumble sale) and The Brave and the Bold (£2 still in its cellophane from Fopp). Its great finding a band you like who have got a back catalogue to explore. Meanwhile tonight some Peter Gabriel and friends............................

31C0C53x6mL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm doing Australia today on Spotify - Mental as Anything , Men at Work , Inxs , the Saints , Triffids , Nick Cave

Not included - Church , Go-Betweens , Midnight Oil since have all their stuff on CD , nothing on Spotify by Icehouse , Hunters & Collectors , Hoodoo Gurus so note to find them when turntable eventually comes back down from attic

A

Anonymous

my Ska collection on vinyl. Record Collector have a great piece on the Ska movement. I am searching through my collection for rarities and adding more to my wants list. Funny how you re listen to the old favourites when they are back in the public eye again.

A

Anonymous

I am really pleased with the Randys records Reggae anthology "Fatty Bum Bum" is the most well known song from the Randy label.

I ripped it to my lap to and am listening to it right now through headphones

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Spotify-ing this ATM.

31XqS83WgQL__SS500_.jpg

Will check that out this afternoon on Spotify as the Silent Alarm remix album has some cracking remixes on it, however, the best use of a Bloc Party song IMHO is on here scroll down to the Lobsterdust v Motown EP and download Same Old Uniform - Four Tops v Bloc Party, it is quite remarkble. Some of these mash-ups are brilliant and worth downloading them all to see what ones you like (some work better than others).

A

Anonymous

Tonight I will be listening to this man in Oran Mor in Glasgow and I will be a very happy man as he is amazing live.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Cheers. 200x200 worked about right in the end for what I was trying to achieve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts