What are you listening to?

Page 519 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to the album Legend the best of Willie Nelson.True country Legend and all round nice guy. He is a advocate for animal welfare, believes in gay rights and he lives in a self sustaining community in Hawaii where the houses use only solar power (another country legend Kris Kristofferson lives there too). My favourite songs of off this best of are On the road again, Crazy, City of New Orleans, Blue eyes crying in the rain, Me and Paul, Georgia on my mind, Pancho and Lefty, Highwaymen (by the country supergroup he was in), Blue skies, Whisky river, Seven Spanish angles with R&B singer Ray Charles and Bloody Mary Morning.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mac ,

Have you been away on holiday ? I have missed your input on spotify :)

In case you did not see it, Ane Brun is performing at the O2 Shepherds Bush on the 10th of December .

you can get tickets here .

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/ane-brun-songs--rarities-solo-acoustic-tour-tickets/129245

I have three tickets already and I am really looking for forward to it !

I have been listening to Sarah Blasco - I Awake , and I absolutely love it, see what you think .

Sarah Blasko – Illusory Light

Sarah Blasko – Here

Sarah Blasko – Bury This

Sarah Blasko – Not Yet

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Fairport_Convention-Unhalfbricking_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Fairport Convention - `Unhalfbricking` CD re-issue with bonus tracks.

Standout track - `Who Knows Where The Time Goes`

Across the purple sky, all the birds are leaving

But how can they know it`s time for them to go...

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Hi Mac ,

Have you been away on holiday ? I have missed your input on spotify :)

In case you did not see it, Ane Brun is performing at the O2 Shepherds Bush on the 10th of December .

you can get tickets here .

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/ane-brun-songs--rarities-solo-acoustic-tour-tickets/129245

I have three tickets already and I am really looking for forward to it !

I have been listening to Sarah Blasco - I Awake , and I absolutely love it, see what you think .

Sarah Blasko – Illusory Light

Sarah Blasko – Here

Sarah Blasko – Bury This

Sarah Blasko – Not Yet

Hi Electro,

Just got back after one week in Rhodes.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I changed the name of my Spotify play list from Macs Music to Real Music... not sure why really, I thought perhaps it might attract some more followers

smiley-smile.gif

That Sarah Blasko album is on my wish list, I think it could be her strongest yet.

I did see the mention of Ane Brun in concert and I would definitely be interested, just have to persuade Mrs Mac to accompany me!

Did you see my suggestion a few posts back for this artist?

Sumie – Sumie

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Macspur said:
Hi Electro,

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I changed the name of my Spotify play list from Macs Music to Real Music... not sure why really, I thought perhaps it might attract some more followers

smiley-smile.gif

That Sarah Blasko album is on my wish list, I think it could be her strongest yet.

I did see the mention of Ane Brun in concert and I would definitely be interested, just have to persuade Mrs Mac to accompany me!

Sumie – Sumie

Mac

I hope you had a nice break !

I noticed you had changed you playlist name but nothing else has changed for your followers .

If you wish you can check out and follow my playlist below .

music i like electrohead58

I had to buy the Sarah Blasco Cd as soon as I first heard it , and now I can't stop playing it !

I hope you are able to go to Ane Brun I'm sure it will be quite special , if you are able to make it I might see you there. :)

Yes I listened to Sumie , the track called Hunting Sky really stood out for me .

Sumie – Hunting sky

Glad you are back I missed the long list of spotify notifications on my phone every day :) .

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Macspur said:
Hi Electro,

smiley-smile.gif

Sumie – Sumie

Mac

I hope you had a nice break !

I noticed you had changed you playlist name but nothing else has changed for your followers .

If you wish you can check out and follow my playlist below .

music i like electrohead58

I had to buy the Sarah Blasco Cd as soon as I first heard it , and now I can't stop playing it !

I hope you are able to go to Ane Brun I'm sure it will be quite special , if you are able to make it I might see you there. :)

Yes I listened to Sumie , the track called Hunting Sky really stood out for me .

Sumie – Hunting sky

Glad you are back I missed the long list of spotify notifications on my phone every day :) .

Very nice break thanks.

Thats the stand out track on the Sumie... she could do with mixing it up a bit as it is a bit samey.

So glad you managed to get hold of Sand and Water at last, Beth really peaked with that album.

I'll let you know about the Ane Brun gig.

How do you get notifications on your phone from Spotify?

Cheers

Mac

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Macspur said:

Cheers

Mac

I downloaded the free spotify app on my iphone and every time someone I follow adds tracks to their playlist I get a notification pop up .

With the free app I can only play music with random shuffle play but if I were to pay for the premuim service I could use all the normal spotify features .

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Macspur said:

Cheers

Mac

I downloaded the free spotify app on my iphone and every time someone I follow adds tracks to their playlist I get a notification pop up .

With the free app I can only play music with random shuffle play but if I were to pay for the premuim service I could use all the normal spotify features .

Hi Electro,

I tried exploring your play list, but it kept coming up with an error message.

To be honest my screenreader struggles with Spotify these days, particularly the web based player.

I've also got the free ap on my phone... sorry to be thick, but is there a way of finding your play list through the ap?

Mac

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Macspur said:
Electro said:
Macspur said:

Cheers

Mac

Hi Electro,

To be honest my screenreader struggles with Spotify these days, particularly the web based player.

I've also got the free ap on my phone... sorry to be thick, but is there a way of finding your play list through the ap?

Mac

I just logged in spotify on my iphone with the same spotify username and password I normaly use and everything was there but you can't access your full playlist , you can only play some selected tracks or set it to shuffle and it will play random tracks from the playlist ,but you only have a limited number of track skips .

To get full functions and playlists on a iphone or ipad you have to buy premium spotify .

I have sent you my playlist via messages on spotify , let me know if you have recieved it :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
Macspur said:
Electro said:
Macspur said:

Cheers

Mac

Hi Electro,

Mac

I just logged in spotify on my iphone with the same spotify username and password I normaly use and everything was there but you can't access your full playlist , you can only play some selected tracks or set it to shuffle and it will play random tracks from the playlist ,but you only have a limited number of track skips .

To get full functions and playlists on a iphone or ipad you have to buy premium spotify .

I have sent you my playlist via messages on spotify , let me know if you have recieved it :)

Just checked on the PC, it's definitely there in messages, but can't access it. Will try with iPhone/pad.

Funny thing is, there are no limitations when using Spotify on my iPad mini!

Mac

T1mb0

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else come across the excellent Street Life album by The Crusaders? Really enjoying this album at the moment, well recorded and with good mix of instrumental&vocal.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am listening to the Jazz album Worrisome heart by Melody Gardot. Think jazz of the 1940's & 1950's that would of been heard in a smoky bar room and you get the idea of what this album sounds like. Melody has one very beautiful voice. Great album to put on to unwind too. Highly recommend to all Jazz fans.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm now listening to the album Hoodoo by blues legend Tony Joe White (his music gets called swamp fox music a lot). This album came out in 2013 and is not as good as his earlier work but it is still an enjoyable album.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts