What are you listening to?

Page 482 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:

You keep surprising me young man... first Kate Walsh, now this, Excellent

In that case...

Emily Barker & The Red Clay Halo – Dear River

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BcMUXybqjQ

"Everywhen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtzWa9SZyg

"In the winter I return"
Even better album IMO.
Mac"

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I just enjoyed it instantly. ( i assume you mean "Dear River" 2013) ok I'll give it a whirl

Got to say that Kate Walsh album sounds stunning. Superb recording.

I just wonder what it would sound like with one of those streamers with a CD in! :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
I just enjoyed it instantly. ( i assume you mean "Dear River" 2013) ok I'll give it a whirl

Got to say that Kate Walsh album sounds stunning. Superb recording.

I just wonder what it would sound like with one of those streamers with a CD in! :)

Oy oy! nice try... not as good as the EMC1UP I bet.

smiley-smile.gif

I really just want a dedicated Internet radio, but not a portable one.

BTW, A mate of mine prefers the Light and Dark album over the others too

Mac

matthewpiano

I've been steadily working my way through this 50 disc set:

4791049.jpg

Mostly pretty standard repertoire but the performances are anything but and as a record of the development of one of the world's finest orchestras it is wonderful.

I've also been listening to many other discs including:

4781530.jpg
4366262.jpg

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
I've been steadily working my way through this 50 disc set:

4791049.jpg

Mostly pretty standard repertoire but the performances are anything but and as a record of the development of one of the world's finest orchestras it is wonderful.

I've also been listening to many other discs including:

4781530.jpg
4366262.jpg

That looks nice. I'll have to give some of those a go if they're on Spotify.

I've been listening to one of Vivaldi's String Concertos today played by Giuliano Carmignola. I think that this might be one of his lesser known pieces but it sounds fabulous and I've just orded the CD from Amazon.

http://open.spotify.com/album/3fGWlPQrPcUMIb0RWoj4c5

matthewpiano

For years I've loved Ashkenazy's recordings of the Rachmaninov Concertos with Previn, but today I've been listening to his earlier recording of the 3rd with Fistoulari conducting and they are even better. There is a fleetness to Ashkenazy's playing here which reminds me somewhat of certain aspects of Rachamninov's own playing. It is a much nicer sounding piano than on the later set as well - less of the slight aggressiveness of a modern Steinway and more warmth and depth to the sound.

41DYVBJ71NL.jpg

Also, today Karajan's intense and beautiful recording of the string orchestra version of Verklarte Nacht (Schoenberg), and Blomstedt's reading of the Alpine Symphony (R.Strauss).

51hqVpmLZWL.Image._SX450_.jpg
31bSkZbVA8L._SL500_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts