What are you listening to?

Page 350 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
survivor said:
jesus.jpg

Highlights From Jesus Christ Superstar - Tim Rice/Andrew Lloyd Webber Single CD Just noticed that you can buy the full two cd version of this for four pounds less than the single cd highlights?? Ah well, I prefer the single cd version anyway. This is in my top three Lloyd Webber musicals and features a stunning performance from Steve Balsamo playing Jesus and an excellent performance from Zubin Varla as Judas. There is also an appearance from Alice Cooper who plays Herod. The only time I`ve ever felt sorry for Phil Collins was when he had to follow Steve Balsamo who had just sung an incredible version of `Gethsemane` on some sort of stage variety programme back in 1996 or 1997 I think? If I`d have been Phil I think I`d have feigned illness and not taken to the stage.
Off to see a live production of this next week. Looking forward to it. A bit different from Priscilla Queen of the Desert which we saw yesterday in the West End.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
survivor said:
jesus.jpg

Highlights From Jesus Christ Superstar - Tim Rice/Andrew Lloyd Webber Single CD Just noticed that you can buy the full two cd version of this for four pounds less than the single cd highlights?? Ah well, I prefer the single cd version anyway. This is in my top three Lloyd Webber musicals and features a stunning performance from Steve Balsamo playing Jesus and an excellent performance from Zubin Varla as Judas. There is also an appearance from Alice Cooper who plays Herod. The only time I`ve ever felt sorry for Phil Collins was when he had to follow Steve Balsamo who had just sung an incredible version of `Gethsemane` on some sort of stage variety programme back in 1996 or 1997 I think? If I`d have been Phil I think I`d have feigned illness and not taken to the stage.
Off to see a live production of this next week. Looking forward to it. A bit different from Priscilla Queen of the Desert which we saw yesterday in the West End.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Hope you enjoy the show. Let us know how it went.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
/sites/whathifi.com/files/images/lippy%20kids.jpg

Album of the year so far for me for 2011. Very Peter Gabriel like on some tracks as well. Makes up as a great filler for PG only releasing an album every 500 years.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
6th.replicant said:
51U-5IMScvL._SS400_.jpg

Jamie Woon - Mirror Writing

Been listening to the above via Spotify Premium and, as ever, the SQ was a tad wooly. The CD arrived today: impressive dynamic range, lung-wobbling bass, spooky depth/soundstage and the separation's grin-inducing. A great album now gives even more pleasure :)

A

Anonymous

6th's list of best songs ever on spotify, i've saved them for offline use. he has good taste :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts