What are you listening to?

Page 352 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
ithink.jpg

Andy Williams - `I Think I Love The 70`s` CD

A selection of classic hits from the 1970`s sung by Andy Williams. What could be better?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
survivor said:
dark.jpg

Dark - `Round The Edges` CD I also have a re-issue copy on `marble` effect vinyl but the one to get is an original black vinyl copy which is worth a great deal of money. This is one of those obscure early 1970`s progressive/psychedelic/fuzzy guitar rock albums and it is well worth a listen. Gets stronger as the album progresses. This cd re-issue has four bonus tracks which aren`t bad I have to say. Track 5 is called `The Cat` and is highly recommended if you are planning a `groovy` party anytime soon. Wear a tie-dye t-shirt or colourful neckerchief for maximum effect!

Sounds like my kind of album Survivor! I've not heard of them or this before. Who would you compare them with?

Anyways, a bit more mainstream from the same period..

61-ZRQ160iL._SS400_.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
survivor said:
dark.jpg

Dark - `Round The Edges` CD I also have a re-issue copy on `marble` effect vinyl but the one to get is an original black vinyl copy which is worth a great deal of money. This is one of those obscure early 1970`s progressive/psychedelic/fuzzy guitar rock albums and it is well worth a listen. Gets stronger as the album progresses. This cd re-issue has four bonus tracks which aren`t bad I have to say. Track 5 is called `The Cat` and is highly recommended if you are planning a `groovy` party anytime soon. Wear a tie-dye t-shirt or colourful neckerchief for maximum effect!

Sounds like my kind of album Survivor! I've not heard of them or this before. Who would you compare them with?

Hi DIB, that`s a tricky question. There`s another band that sounds quite similar called `Clear Blue Sky` but seeing as they`re obscure too that probably wasn`t much help. Thirty seconds into the first track you`d be forgiven for thinking you were listening to Camel or Wishbone Ash with Budgie`s lead singer but later things take on a `fuzzier` tone. I think Toni Iommi could have ended up playing this sort of stuff if he hadn`t gone over to the dark side. (Glad that he did mind) If you think you are quite likely to enjoy this album then you probably will. There were a load of three or four piece bands in the early 70`s who played this sort of music but never quite made it for some reason. Possibly because there were too many? Anyway, hoped I`ve helped a little but reading back over what I`ve just written not sure if I have?

A

Anonymous

The Foo Fighters, Wasting Light. Rope is my new favourite song but Genius on iTunes doesn't like the album at the minute and will not produce playlist from it or including it? :((

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
survivor said:
DIB said:
survivor said:
dark.jpg

Hi DIB, that`s a tricky question. There`s another band that sounds quite similar called `Clear Blue Sky` but seeing as they`re obscure too that probably wasn`t much help. Thirty seconds into the first track you`d be forgiven for thinking you were listening to Camel or Wishbone Ash with Budgie`s lead singer but later things take on a `fuzzier` tone. I think Toni Iommi could have ended up playing this sort of stuff if he hadn`t gone over to the dark side. (Glad that he did mind) If you think you are quite likely to enjoy this album then you probably will. There were a load of three or four piece bands in the early 70`s who played this sort of music but never quite made it for some reason. Possibly because there were too many? Anyway, hoped I`ve helped a little but reading back over what I`ve just written not sure if I have?

I think I get the picture!

Cheers

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
marbles.jpg

Marillion - `Marbles` Double CD deluxe 2011 re-issue.

I am currently having a very pleasant time of it. My copy of the `Marbles` re-issue arrived this morning and I have a day off. Also arriving in the post earlier than expected was June`s edition of `What Hi-Fi`. I am reading this, listening to `Marbles` and drinking a nice cup of tea. Marvellous!

Just like to mention that `Marbles` is my favourite Steve Hogarth era Marillion album and is best described as sublime. I believe it`s still available at under £9 and you would be hard pressed to find anything in the world which offers such fantastic value. Now there`s a statement!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Bought this at Matt's gig last night. Absolutely superb blues from the man...

nug1102.jpg

A relatively rare band set-up of Guitar/Drums/and Organ. No bass player, bass duties being handled by the Hammond organ.

Works a treat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts