What are you listening to?

Page 252 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

51C28D4ERrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Fabulous folk-rock albums. This is a cracking set of remasters and now they've released a second set featuring remasters of Steeleye's other five albums for Chrysalis. Can't wait for that to come!

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Thought I would listen to a little bit of Spotify, three albums later........ I really need to go to bed but I keep listening.

414IpLiWBlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

QOTSA - Rated Rx

51M9kP5Cd0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41BoYArFvRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

First listen, sounding good so far and I really like the first track.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
ID.:Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed (SHM SACD)

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (SHM SACD)
ID, what's your verdict regarding SHM-SACD's sound quality compared to regular SACDs - is there a significant improvement? (I'm very tempted to buy the SHM-SACD versions of What's Going On and Who's Next.)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
6th.replicant: ID, what's your verdict regarding SHM-SACD's sound quality compared to regular SACDs - is there a significant improvement? (I'm very tempted to buy the SHM-SACD versions of What's Going On and Who's Next.)

Hard to say really as I'm not familiar with these two in their vinyl or CD versions, let alone regular spec SACD, so I don't really have a basis for comparison. I find there is a difference between CD and SHM CD, it is somehow a cleaner more detailed sound, but that's only based on a comparison of Bjork - Debut. I kind of thought that there was a similar feel to the SHM SACDs, but I can't be at all definite about it.

The only thing I can say objectively is that the disc is a bit thicker because I can hear the difference as it goes in and out of the slot of my CDP. I should've bought Coltrane's A Love Supreme, because I'm at least familiar the the CD edition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts