What are you listening to?

Page 220 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
61xItRxG2PL.jpg

51j3hzbx1EL.jpg

416NmzDj-tL.jpg

Quickben

Oct 10, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:
41arOaM8IgL._SS500_.jpg

The Courteeners-Falcon

What do you think ?

I find it a bit dissapointing compared to the debut. Maybe a bit sedate. I'm not convinced that a few choice expletives are a substitute for the searing angst in their last album. Plus there seems to be a lack of outright power, there's nothing like "not nineteen forever" or "cavorting" in this album.

Maybe I was expecting too much. Maybe I haven't listened to it enough ?

Be interested to hear your views.

Cheers.

Gary

idc

For all you Efterklang fans of Danish prog electronica, Under Byen and the album is 'Samme Stof Som Stof'

61XZHYXYYEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Sometimes I get the feeling I am alone in this world, but one day I will be proved right)

A

Anonymous

John Haitt Bring the Family

Just about to stick on Rosanne Cash Black Cadillac

daveh75

Quickben:daveh75:
41arOaM8IgL._SS500_.jpg

The Courteeners-Falcon

What do you think ?

I find it a bit dissapointing compared to the debut. Maybe a bit sedate. I'm not convinced that a few choice expletives are a substitute for the searing angst in their last album. Plus there seems to be a lack of outright power, there's nothing like "not nineteen forever" or "cavorting" in this album.

Maybe I was expecting too much. Maybe I haven't listened to it enough ?

Be interested to hear your views.

Cheers.

GaryThat's pretty much my initial impression of the album,though to be fair i've only listened to it once so far- So maybe my view will change once i've listened to it some more....

That's certainly been the case with a few other new releases recently,where i've been quick to judge and initially disappointed with a new album only to find it grows on you after a few listens.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Tonya:
Being a DTS nut, I just got hold of the 5.1 version of the classic Steve Miller album (fly like an eagle) which still sounds fresh.

Also embarrassingly enough, sorta hooked on the DTS pressing of Rihanna's latest.
The bass is a killer . . . .

The bass is a killer on Rihanna full stop! lol

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
First heard live on Radio 2 - bought the album on the back of that... really enjoyable listen if "folk-rock" is your thing. Well produced too...

41x9Hw4hP1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Just been listening to a bunch of SACDs I got and now my redbook CDs are sounding somewhat lacking.

Still, tomorrow is also a holiday, it's a warm afternoon, a breeze is coming in the window and I'm chilling to Miles Davis Kind of Blue on SACD.

TRENDING THREADS