What are you listening to?

Page 218 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

Dark and hypnotic Pop/Indie Rock from Baltimorean duo, Beach House. If you like Animal Collective,Neutral Milk Hotel,Fleet Foxes etc, give 'em a try....

51sJXipmefL_SS500_.jpg

Beach House-Teen Dream

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:nodnarb4444:

z.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH God, NO!!!! How can you stand it? Just dreadful, dreadful music, Lily Allen looks like a towering genius next to this garbage. And her voice (Nash I mean), that horrible fake cockney-esque sing-song talking she does, makes me want to tear my own ears off to make it stop! There's nothing authentic about her, The Saturdays have got more musical credibility than this!

sorry guys i have let the side down.i must admit i like the first album(liked not loved)and it got played a bit for about a month but this one isnt great.but hay im gonna post on here what i buy warts and all.and belive my theres been plenty of warts.

at least i have my secret identity on this fourum,imagine if you guys new my real name and what i looked like.now that would be embarrassing.......doh!

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
stevee1966:Marillion, Marillion, and more Marillion.

Fish-era, Hogarth-era, it really doesn't matter as there's been no one in the past 30 years to touch them.

With you all the way there Stevee, I'm just listening to...

cover_3845915112008.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rush - "2112" and "Moving Pictures"

Robert Plant "Sixty Six to Timbuktu"

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
melodiasentimental.jpg

Villa-Lobos - Melodia Sentimental (Sentimental Melody)

A nice tune which I found through Youtube a couple of years ago when finding out about Brazilian soprano Bidu Sayao. Dusted off a couple of CD's this morning to have a listen.

I got the album "Villa-Lobos Bachianas brasileiras excerpts" on the EMI Classics for Pleasure label which featured Bidu Sayao and Victoria de los Angeles amongst others. It was the only album that I could find with Bidu Sayao singing this song. The track is listed as "Love Song (Sentimental Melody)" but this is an error because Love Song and Sentimental Melody are two seperate songs which are played together, the former being a slow mournful song and the latter being a lighter tuneful melody. The Love Song part is not recorded on this album.

The album "Villa-Lobos: Forest of the Amazon" with Renee Fleming on the Delos label was purchased around the same time after searching for more information on Google about the song. The recording quality on this album is very good and contains lots of effects from percussion instruments which add to the jungle type atmosphere.

I prefer Bidu Sayao's voice to Renee Fleming, even though the recording is much older. I think she was prettier too.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:

Band Of Horses-Everything All The Time

I saw these guys for the first time on Jools Holland's show the other day, only two songs, but I was really impressed, I'll try to Spotify them when I get the chance.

matthewpiano

Ultravox - Rage In Eden

Schumann - Piano Concerto (Murray Perahia/Berlin Phil/Abbado - Sony Classical)

Stephen Hough - The Piano Album

Band of Horses - Everything All The Time

John Grant - Queen of Denmark

Rachamaninov - Piano Concerto No.2 (Vladimir Ashkenazy/LSO/Previn)

Midlake - The Courage of Others

daveh75

Diamond Joe:daveh75:

Band Of Horses-Everything All The Time

I saw these guys for the first time on Jools Holland's show the other day, only two songs, but I was really impressed,Me too
emotion-1.gif

I'll try to Spotify them when I get the chance. And that's exactly what i did!
emotion-5.gif

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:

Cant get enough of this atm....Brilliant

51KmHaUctVL._SS500_.jpg

Paul Weller-Wake Up The Nation

emotion-21.gif
Superb album, been playing it all week! Can't wait to see him live again in December.

A

Anonymous

Can't recommend Bonobo - Black Sands enough. Really loving the new album.

http://www.ninjatune.net/ninja/release.php?id=1649

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Just went to the first page of this thread by mistake, boy was fast eddie spot on, 5451 replies and 346,323 views so far and counting...

fast eddie:This seems to work on another forum i'm on, so maybe it will here.

What are you listening to? New purchases, or old gems... I've been reminded of stuff i own by seeing other folks listening to it. All the other threads in here seem to be about great bands that deserve their own thread.

Currently i've got Malcolm Middleton's 'A Brighter Beat' on the turntable. It gets better everytime i play it. (which isn't often enough),

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:
Saw these on Later...With JH last week and put a huge smile on my face, so just bought the album.

610Eta-NEGL._SS500_.jpg

Gogol Bordello-Trans-Continental Hustle

Enjoyed that on JH too. What's the album like?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts