What are you listening to?

Page 111 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Some U2 - Really love this album

i2541_1.jpg

Neil Young - Another big favourite of mine.

Neil_Young_%28album%29.jpg

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
this really is the most important album since definatley maybe. unblelievable lyrics, songwriting. ive never felt so close to a composition before they really sum up the mood. in a more band friendly enviroment they would be massive. scouting for girls anyone ? dont think so

genius group and great live too

love the new one too

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
idc:
Big Chris:
Gojira1.jpg

Wow! And there I was, happily taking in the thunderous sound blast that is Gojira on my headphones and my wife has asked me to turn down the volume!

Big Chris, the speed of the kick drumming, how is that done?

With much practice! I can get fairly close to Mario in kick speed (for short spells)

You want to hear some amazingly fast kick drumming, check out either of the 'Divine Heresy' albums (or look for 'Tim Yeung' on Youtube). Unbelievably fast.... And precise!

idc

Thanks Chris, will check out You Tube, I want to see it happen. Presently enjoying some DB and the ill fated Tin Machine. I did not like either when they first came out, but both have grown on me a lot.

417DJYRT7ZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
314ZE5QW6WL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

idc

Chris, wow, Tim Yeung makes Keith Moon look a bit on the slow and relaxed side! At the end of this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRBT-j38e_0&feature=related

you get a very good view of the left foot, but not the right. For the really fast stuff is he using both feet to get the sound? Also, it does not look as if his leg is moving at the same speed as the drum stick (or whatever the name is, for the kick drum foot pedal thingy). Is it hinged in some way that one push of the foot gets two strikes of the drum stick?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
41ADSBJD7DL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
61d99Kat%2BHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51VJ5WBEZQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

After BigChris put Brighton Rock on my Holiday songs post I thought I'd give Sheer Heart Attack a spin but 1 side was enough, Queen did it all in the first 2 albums for me.
Now Deep Purple In Rock should be on every rock fans list.
All off vinyl

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
IQ - `The Seventh House` (cd)

I`ve been playing the title track from this album quite a lot recently. If anyone is remotely interested in Progressive Rock then I would strongly recommend listening to this track. I`d go as far as to say it`s become one of my favourite Prog tracks of all time.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
idc:
Chris, wow, Tim Yeung makes Keith Moon look a bit on the slow and relaxed side! At the end of this clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRBT-j38e_0&feature=related

it does not look as if his leg is moving at the same speed as the drum stick (or whatever the name is, for the kick drum foot pedal thingy). Is it hinged in some way that one push of the foot gets two strikes of the drum stick?

Nah. It's a regular drum pedal. He'll move his leg and his ankle separately, so that's why it looks like he's actually playing slower than he is. It's also the reason he's playing in socks, his technique requires a degree of slip on the pedal.

Like everyone with that degree of talent, they make it look so easy!

Today it's......

A_Fine_Day_to_Exit.jpg

A little less frenetic than Divine Heresy!!

TRENDING THREADS