What are you listening to?

Page 102 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

41W7K1ASGML._SS500_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Having just bought a Knosti record cleaner I cleaned some of my Genesis albums and listening to Trick Of The Tale just now, the results are very good - it sounds superb.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
album-George-Harrison-All-Things-Mu.jpg

George Harrison - `All Things Must Pass` (dble cd)

The last couple of Beatles albums could have been even better with some of these tunes on them.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
CHICKENFOOT. Satriani, Sammy Hagar etc. Fairly recently released. I like Rock music a lot, but somehow new bands just don't seem to excite me the same way early Zeppelin, Sabbath, Heap, Scorpions etc did many years ago. Is it me? or is it because the early rock bands did it first and so well?

Not saying its a bad album, maybe need to listen to it more.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman: Agreed, seems to me that these forums are just for prognosticationg peoples personal tastes. I have absolutely no interest in what another charcter likes or dislikes whatsoever! If somebody must know then I have just finished listening to

Nicolai Ghiaurov in the death scene of Mussorgsky's Boris Godunov

idc

lonely boy:idc:

LB, is there any of your music; Music - EAI, Improvisation, lowercase, Sound Art on the internet/Spotify/youtube so I can have a listen? I fancy listening to some shoe-gaze rock and lowercase.

Sorry idc - I didn't spot your post earlier - this thread grows at a rate of knots! As great as Spotify is, it is mostly mainstream-ish music and the above types of music are pretty obscure in comparison. There is quite a bit of "eai" type stuff on YouTube, but to be honest the sound quality doesn't do the music much justice and you really need to listen to a piece as a whole. I might try and write and introduction/primer sometime if anyone is interested, I'm not the greatest writer in the world and there are more knowledgeable people hiding out in the dark corners of the internet. Anyway, here's a decent short movie featuring Sachiko M and Toshimaru Nakamura that's worth a look - No-Input I'll add more links if I find anything else interesting. e

That is intense, especially on headphones. I have no music making abilities but when I was a teenager I did a summer course at the Glasgow Art Centre which included 'electronic music' where we made sounds such as on the YouTube clip. However, as the headphones leak sound my wife has just asked me to turn it down, that is the first time she has done that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts