what amp ?

abacus

I have an 87 and listen to music as well as movies, and there is no way I would change to the Denon models you mention if music is your prime concern.

If you are more into movies than the Denon models give you more features (They are newer) and are good with movies, however the room correction software sucks big time, so be prepared to put significant effort in to get the best out of it.

If music is preference and you want the latest features, take a look at NAD, Arcam, and Anthem etc. (Which also have fantastic room correction systems) Marantz can also be good (They tend to be more musical than Denon) but the room correction is as bad as the Denon so work will be required.

Make sure you have a listen to them with your system (Or similar) at a dealer, as not all amp/speaker systems work well together.

Bill

derekbryan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Bill,I am more into movies than music but still want a decent sound .The reason for a possible change is the fact I can't feed my blu ray player and my virgin v6 box through the amp ,because as you will now the 87 doesn't pass through any HDR formats. I can put my virgin v6 box through the amp but at a lower resolution. My Panasonic blu ray has two outputs one for the audio and the other video which is how I have it set up.I read the reports on the two Denon amps and thought that they had quite a good review. I'll now have a closer look at your recommendations. Thanks for the feed back. Derek

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts