What 24 or 26 inch L.C.D.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a 24 or 26 inch L.C.D. Not sure how much to spend or what the better size would be . My viewing distance will be just over 4 foot.My budget is about £300.00 to £ 400.00 if the extra £100.00 will make all the difference I will pay it. What are the best makes to look out for and what would be the ideal size.Many Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Mr.P. I recently bought a Samsung LE26A457 from Comet for £350 and I have to say it's flippin' amazing. Don't know what you'll be using yours for, but mines in the bedroom for online gaming on PS3 when the main TV in the front room (Samsung LE37A656) is busy. The set is not 1080p, but at this size, that doesn't matter at all. The picture is crystal clear with HD gaming and Blu-Ray so to spend any more money (in my case) would be a waste. Good luck.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Barkerwoo:Hi, Mr.P. I recently bought a Samsung LE26A457 from Comet for £350 and I have to say it's flippin' amazing. Don't know what you'll be using yours for, but mines in the bedroom for online gaming on PS3 when the main TV in the front room (Samsung LE37A656) is busy. The set is not 1080p, but at this size, that doesn't matter at all. The picture is crystal clear with HD gaming and Blu-Ray so to spend any more money (in my case) would be a waste. Good luck.
Looking for a 26 inch for my daughters bedroom. How do you rate the freeview picture on the Samsung?

A

Anonymous

Hello, thanks for that I will be seated about 4 foot from the T.V. do you think the picture will be good at this distance? or is it a bit close. How far away from the screen are you? This will determine me buying a 24 or 26 inch. Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Laserman - I'm sorry, mate - I don't actually use the 26" for watching TV. We live in a really bad reception area so we just use Sky downstairs and don't bother in the bedrooms!

Mr.P. - I sit about 6ft away, but I wouldn't see any problem sitting closer as I can see the whole surround and things around the telly in my peripheral vision (if you see what I mean). You could always just go into Comet with a tape measure and see if it feels OK to you at that distance.

TRENDING THREADS