What’s your current internet speed?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Rural myself. Nearby towns have Virgin (not interested in them though), but according to Openreach FTTP will be available 'soon' (12 - 18 months of you ask me). I'll stay, as I am for now but once a 150mbps FTTP package is available I'll be looking at that. Stability and a bit more speed - both winners in my book!

joeroberts931

Mar 21, 2022
Visit site
My current internet speed is 75 Mbps. I'm very pleased with it, as it's more than enough for my everyday needs. It's great for streaming movies and TV shows, downloading large files quickly, and playing online games without any lag or buffering. I also use it to upload photos and videos to social media platforms, which is nice because I don't have to wait a long time for them to upload. Overall, I'm very happy with this internet speed and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable connection.

Gray

My current internet speed is 75 Mbps. I'm very pleased with it, as it's more than enough for my everyday needs. It's great for streaming movies and TV shows, downloading large files quickly, and playing online games without any lag or buffering. I also use it to upload photos and videos to social media platforms, which is nice because I don't have to wait a long time for them to upload. Overall, I'm very happy with this internet speed and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable connection.
Reads like an advert Joe (maybe it is 🤔)....the only omission was the name of provider making you so happy 😐

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Cryptic, can you explain ?
Internet speed as delivered by your provider has little to do with quality cables
actually you get a better connection with a cable (ethernet ) than wi fi no commercial company uses wi fi quality cable is a lot better any wall could could slow down the connection via wi fi in particular brick walls and any wall with steel inside so much better idea to use cable

DCarmi

using quality cable instead of wi fi is better and safer too
Depends on the equipment/service you have. If you have a strong wifi setup you can get higher bandwidth than ethernet through devices which sometimes (e.g. many TVs or CCA) have 100Mb wired capability. You could argue that a TV does not necessarily need a gigabit ethernet port. My CCAs both connect to my mesh network with a minimum of 200Mb 5Ghz link and really stable. Not that either will make use of that speed to play, though.

..and I don't need the additional cost/hassle of dragging cable around the place.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Depends on the equipment/service you have. If you have a strong wifi setup you can get higher bandwidth than ethernet through devices which sometimes (e.g. many TVs or CCA) have 100Mb wired capability. You could argue that a TV does not necessarily need a gigabit ethernet port. My CCAs both connect to my mesh network with a minimum of 200Mb 5Ghz link and really stable. Not that either will make use of that speed to play, though.

..and I don't need the additional cost/hassle of dragging cable around the place.

Cables are a pain and wifi is great, but I always like the robustness of a cabled connection. TV manufacturers need to stop cheaping out with 100Mb ethernet ports and get gigabit installed. Anyone using Bravia Core where Sony recommends a 120Mb connection will tell you that! One way to get round it is with a usb adaptor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts