What’s the best compromise?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
This is my first proper post so I hope this question is raised in the correct place.

It’s time for a system overhaul and I have recently purchased the Panasonic 50” V10 plasma so stage 1 is sorted. I’m now in the process of upgrading my ageing but much loved Pioneer VSX-859 receiver and DVD-444 player and have been looking into the new SC-LX82 or SC-LX72 receivers paired with the BDP-LX52 blu-ray player. My issue is that the system will be split between movies and two-channel stereo use, the option of a dedicated two channel set-up is a non-starter due to a lack space, therefore I appreciate I’m going to have to compromise on the stereo side, but to what degree?

Would the above Pioneer combo cut it for both multichannel and stereo use, or would I need to look at a separate CD player, and if so what price level could I go to before the quality would not be released by the receiver. I guess anything in the Cyrus/Arcam/Roksan level would be completely wasted.

I also plan on taking a look at the new Denon range (AVR-4310) but would welcome suggestions from more experienced members as to other recommendations for receiver/player combinations (I’m aware of that other player due to be released but there seems no sign of it coming any time soon!)

Many thanks for you time.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
You can combine an A/V system and a 2 channel Hi-Fi, so your pair of front speakers do both duties. This'll give you the best sound from either system.

There have been a myriad of threads on this very subject, so a brief trawl through the threads should yield the answers you seek.

"Compromise" is a four letter word on these boards!

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts