WH Test products

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Do you approach manufacturers for equipment or do they send review samples without prompting from you and just wait for a slot? Do you send it back to them or is there a sequence where you pass them on to other publications for review? Do you keep them once in a while or do you have to buy it? Do you do a clear out occasionally and where do you sell/auction the stuff if you do?

A

Anonymous

That was all leading up to the last sentence wasn't it?
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]
Do you approach manufacturers for equipment or do they send review samples without prompting from you and just wait for a slot?
[/quote]
Combination of both, plus buying kit as/when we need to.

Do you send it back to them or is there a sequence where you pass them on to other publications for review?
[/quote]
We keep hold of as many class leaders as possible, so we can use them to compare against new kit coming in. Sometimes we get review samples first, sometimes other magazines, but there's quite often a merry-go-round of kit!
Do you do a clear out occasionally and where do you sell/auction the stuff if you do?
[/quote]
We send back review stock to manufacturers when we've finished with it (and don't need/want to keep it for comparison) and occassionally sell-off kit we've had to buy in via our dedicated whathifisoundandvision eBay account! We'll always let you know here if/when there's something up for sale.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That's because we didn't used to have a dedicated account - decided recently we should: hence newbie status. Some stuff - typically TVs - never makes it that far, as colleagues get their bids in early...

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
That's because we didn't used to have a dedicated account - decided recently we should: hence newbie status. Some stuff - typically TVs - never makes it that far, as colleagues get their bids in early...

[/quote]Ah so there *are* fringe benefits...........

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="al7478"]"Occasionally" being very much the operative word. I mean, i put you in my fav sellers and everything! Meh. Im jus' sayin'.[/quote]

Can't imagine getting a particularly great deal with so much free advertising though :O([/quote]

Straight over my head im afraid. maybe its the entry level wine. Heh. Entry level wine. Dya see what i did there...?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts