Weird music here

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Post whatever we personally consider weird, oddball, non-mainstream etc. No constraints, no peer pressure, no molds, it's not a contest. If you think Madonna is weird, go for it.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
0000850889.jpg

Careless Whisper

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
If only there was a radio show where you could listen to weird & wonderful music for 2 hours every Friday between 8pm and 10pm.

There is, you just have to know where to look for it.

Try these....

Topaz Rags, Pocahaunted, Glenn Branca, Neg-Fi, Saad, Oneida, Ekkehard Ehlers, Ruth White, Charles Gross, Jandek, UUUU, Hovercraft, Yellow Swans, King Missile, Pauline Oliveros, LoE LoF LoN, Blood Quartet, Palm, KTL, OOIOO, Boredoms, Schema.....

The list of great leftfield music is virtually infinite, it just depends on how leftfield you want to go?

insider9

Transmitter Down said:
If only there was a radio show where you could listen to weird & wonderful music for 2 hours every Friday between 8pm and 10pm.

There is, you just have to know where to look for it. 

Try these....

Topaz Rags, Pocahaunted, Glenn Branca, Neg-Fi, Saad, Oneida, Ekkehard Ehlers, Ruth White, Charles Gross, Jandek, UUUU, Hovercraft, Yellow Swans, King Missile, Pauline Oliveros, LoE LoF LoN, Blood Quartet, Palm, KTL, OOIOO, Boredoms, Schema.....

The list of great leftfield music is virtually infinite, it just depends on how leftfield you want to go?

Excellent, thanks a lot. Will give me a lot to go through.

BobWH

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Having trouble quoting on the phone but someone mentioned a radio programme up thread. I can only think of the Freak Zone but that's on Sunday. Great programme BTW - has cost me a fortune over the years.

Speaking of the FZ, that's where I first heard Magma, who are probably my favourite band now and probably qualify as being pretty weird in most people's eyes.

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
BobWH said:
Having trouble quoting on the phone but someone mentioned a radio programme up thread. I can only think of the Freak Zone but that's on Sunday.

I tried to be subtle. Add my name to CRMK in Google, and all will become clear.

Magma have been noted.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My very favourite weird music: Ween, e.g. with their ‘Chocolate and Cheese’ album.

Best song for me: Buenas Tardes, Amigo, though the rest of the album is pretty f#cked-up too...

BobWH

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Transmitter Down said:
I tried to be subtle. Add my name to CRMK in Google, and all will become clear.

Magma have been noted.

Ah, I see. Sorry, I was a bit slow there. Will have to have a listen - sounds right up my street.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Sour Soul is a collaborative studio album from Canadian jazz instrumental hip hop band BadBadNotGood and Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah. It was released worldwide on February 24, 2015.

400491.jpg

Full listen on Youtube.

insider9

drummerman said:
Anything by Primus

Not weird for me but perhaps many here.

They are also good system workouts. If yours is slow, it will show.
Not weird :biggrin:

Definitely worth a mention in this thread.

Remember a mate of mine was a big fan. Somehow I've not heard a lot of their music. Thanks for the reminder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts