|| Week by week building of my home cinema ||

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was originally going to wait until this was finished then plonk all the pictures up in one hit but i can't wait that long so i thought i'd start doing them in weekly installments as i get it done. The gear that's going in is in my signature... Hopefully spark some interest as i see these kind of posts do...

Here we go!

WEEK 1: Room cleared.

DSC02800.jpg

Old fireplace.

DSC02801.jpg

Coving and skirting removed.

DSC02802.jpg

Fireplace surround removed.

DSC02804.jpg

WEEK 2: Ceiling cross battened.

DSC02805.jpg

WEEK 3: Ceiling speakers fitted in kitchen (Zone 2).

DSC02817.jpg

Speaker and lighting cables run in new ceiling. (and template for new screen)

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02818.jpg

WEEK 4: Insulation cut into non light housing grids for acoustics and soundproofing.

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

Acoustic grade soundboard tacked up ready for the plaster next weekend!

DSC02824.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

That's where i am so far!

I'll update it after every weekends work until it's done.

A

Anonymous

All DIY. Well, got a couple of friends to do some bits, like the plasterer coming next Saturday to do the ceiling and then got an electrician who advises me with lighting but other than that all me and my old man!

A

Anonymous

How much is this costing you, if I may be allowed to be nosey? I am a woman after all!!!
emotion-13.gif

A

Anonymous

What for the equipment i've bought or for the whole job?

A

Anonymous

Just down at Wickes. It's pretty expensive compared to regular plasterboard, but i've recently used it some music rehearsal rooms i built and it's good stuff. Dead heavy too! Not a one man job like some plasterers do with regular plasterboard!!

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
What are the dimension of the room. Probably be asking you a load more questions like this as have the go ahead to convert part of the double garage into a room for me

A

Anonymous

Ha, OK! It's 5m long x 3m wide. It's not EXACTLY that, there's a little bit that comes in (you might see in the pictures) but it's pretty much that size. The screen will be on the 3m wall.

A

Anonymous

Lee
Can you please work on this a bit quicker! Weekly installments are not enough!

A

Anonymous

I wish i could! I would happily stop work and focus on this, all my equipment is just sitting upstairs in their boxes crying out to me! But working full time sort of denotes that i can only spend weekends on getting it done! and that includes a few hours on weeknights patching things!

idc

Lee, I have just shown the wife what you have been doing, just to see her reaction and what I might be able to get away with, but she just puffed and said 'obviously not married then!'

A

Anonymous

Haha. No no, the wife wants a nice room to watch TV, movies etc in and liked the idea of the second zone for when she has her mates around but she does like the excuse to moan about the mess whilst it's being done! She seems to think that it takes just a weekend!

A

Anonymous

Next installment!

ÿ

Plasterboarded the wall the screen's going on and cut the cable exits for the left, right and centre. Also the power and HDMI for the screen and all 8 speakers! Plasterer coming tomorrow!

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Next installment!

Plasterer has been and gone. Got the carpet and tiles up now too. Room finally starting to look like it's coming together

Doing the under floor heating next weekend.

Plastering was actually done before carpet and tiles...

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02830.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

P.S. Does anyone else have alot of trouble uploading pictures using a mac?

See you next week!!

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Lee Woodger: P.S. Does anyone else have alot of trouble uploading pictures using a mac?

heresy Macs are perfect. Hold on website is hosted on Windows. It's all redmonds fault, normal service resumed.

Looking good so far. Where are you getting your underfloor heating from? Are you have a carpeted floor or wood/laminate/tile?

A

Anonymous

Haha. I know, first trouble old 'tosh has had. Definately not his fault.

Getting the underfloor heating from screwfix. Probably about the cheapest you can get it... and i've got reclaimed terracotta tiles going in over that. I know, i know it's not ideal for the rooms acoustics but i'm continuing them from the kitchen and they are gorgeous. Just expensive :(

A

Anonymous

Loving this thread!

Keep the pictures and commentary coming :)

A

Anonymous

Sorry, no pictures to update this week! Underfloor heating wasn't ruddy delivered so got to wait another week!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts