|| Week by week building of my home cinema ||

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

looking very nice , I like watching people build right from that start , its looking very good cant wait to see in finished.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jason... Enjoyed reading through the pages of your thread...

ÿ

Sorry for the trail off in posts, the underfloor heating is now delivered and ready to go in but last week had to go shopping for a fireplace before i laid it down so i know where and where not to lay it. But we've picked one now so the floor will be going down this weekend. The pictures and commentary will be up and running again in no time!ÿ

A

Anonymous

Next installment!

Sorry for the delay but a number of litle things have gotten in the way so on;y just got around to doing it and putting up pictures...

DSC02848.jpg

Fire place out and blocked up.

DSC02851.jpg

Underfloor heating down.

Terracotta tiles started.

Tiles before, and what they'll look like when done and sealed etc.

Fire place wall done. Windowsills blocked and boarded up. All radiator pipes sort etc. Room fully mis coated.

And that's where i'm at! Hopefully have the room tiled by next weekend. Then lights going in and painting! Getting there! :)

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
So hows the build going? It's been 3 weeks or so now, so you must have made a great deal of progress! I'm sure there are many looking forward to your updates!

jon

A

Anonymous

Hey!

Sorry avid followers for the lack of updates but i've been a bit busy!

The room has been coming on slowly. The tiles are all down now as are the matching tiled skirtings and tiled windowsills. Power cable run under the skirting tiles to where it will live. It's just bare at the moment though because it's getting sealed this weekend.

Then it will just be a case of electrics that won't take long and then paint and furnishings! Nearly there!

I will take some pictures of what it looks like now and try to get them up here by the end of tomorrow!

Thanks for your interest and patience guys and girls.ÿ

A

Anonymous

OK HERE WE GO! :)

I apologise in advance that the pictures are small but i get told off for putting big ones!

Grouting away!

Grouting nearly done!

Grouting DONE! :) With powerbrick in and tiled skirting.

Other angle...

A

Anonymous

Windowsills tiled too...

Some of the equipment up in the study that's been waiting eagerly to go in! Not long now!

Like i said, the tiles are being sealed at the weekend so will update pictures then.

Then it'll just be electics, painting and furniture... Only about a month left i'm hoping!

Catch you all soon.

A

Anonymous

Weekend pictures coming tomorrow!

Not terribly exciting though... just a sealed floor...

Oh and got some rubbish news the other day. Went to order furniture...

8 weeks for the woodwork and 12 weeks for the sofas :(

Install will be done by then! :(ÿ

A

Anonymous

Weekend pictures coming tomorrow!

Not terribly exciting though, just a finished floor!

Next up lighting and electrics. Then painting. Then install!

I got some bad news yesterday though... Went to order the furniture... 8 weeks for the woodwork and 12 for the sofas!

:( :( Install will be done by then! :(ÿ

A

Anonymous

Here they are.

Like i said. Not terribly exciting but it's now done and out the way!

All downhill from here!

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

DSC02919.jpg

DSC02917.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
love this thread ,good job so far and good luck with the furniture i just got new sofas that should have come in 4 weeks that soon turned into 8 so i no what thats like.

the flooring looks great but what will it be like with sound? will it be just like a solid wood floor.?

keep up the good work.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
This post just reminded me of a collection 3 books I have I don't remenber the name, but Im sure some of you must have.kind of do it yourself/bricolage.orange covers, black lettering in the cover, maybe a drawing of a few instruments.late 70's british edition. anyone:p

A

Anonymous

New pictures coming soon! Only one wall left to paint. Then the screen's going up. Most of the lights and electrics are done. Not long nowwwww!

A

Anonymous

Sweet, should be good. I too will have to get some pics going of mine which is nearly done.

A

Anonymous

INSTALL TOMORROW!!

Couple of pictures just to show the lights being put in and the TV bracket and painting done...

Then tomorrow, everything's going in and then the final thing which is the chairs is going in on thursday!

But by Sunday i should have picutres up of the room finished apart froom chairs!

IMG_0189.jpg

A

Anonymous

Just put TV and speakers up tonight actually. Sky coming tomorrow afternoon. Furniture in the morning. More pictures tomorrow :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts