Was my Project Turntable damaged in transit?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Ive just finished unboxing my new Project Expression Mk3 and this being my first turntable i think it was damaged in transit. Being new to all this id thought id ask the experts

Please see the image below. As you can see i have highlighted two areas the area on the left seems to be ok. The "elastic" goes under both screws and dissapears back into the abyss. However on the right hand side the elastic is broken and does not wrap around the screws. All this seems to be pushing the drive unit *shrug* to the left. So is this normal or should i return it?
table.jpg

A

Anonymous

Aye, looks like thats the problem but being a newbie i wanted to see what other people thought before i RMAed it. Any other people kind enough to confirm this?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Get the whole turntable returned and replaced. Despite looking like a petty problem (that could be DIYed) IF this happened in transit then it must have been a heck of a whack and other unseen problems may emerge over time. If it is a simple QC slip then Pro-ject need to know about it to ensure better assembly.

A

Anonymous

nads:
is that picture exactly as it arrived?

Or have you already removed the two transport screws?

Yeah, it was there when i unboxed it :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts