Warm-Smooth bookshelf speaker

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rainsoothe

gasolin said:
rainsoothe said:
Wharfedale Jade 3 or 5, but they need powerful amplification - think north of 80-100 w/ch. They also need some space, as they're 40cm deep!!! But sealed cabinets, sound superb.

Jade 3 is to bright even when the bass is okay + 5 db from 3000-10000hz

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wharfedale-jade-3-loudspeaker-measurements

They're not with the right amplification/cabling, but then again I used my ears, not my eyes :p

I mean even though they sound open in the upper registers, they're also smooth and not gritting.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Harbeth do sound great as the quality of the sound is better than most, in mid range etc and very natural indeed, particularly vocals, it’s just they aren’t built for the kicking bass associated with tastes and lots of rock music etc.eg pmc. If you like lots of folk, acoustic and classical, it would be hard not to have harbeth on the list.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Even though my musical taste is ... erm ... ecclectic with mostly instrumental Free Jazz (I don't like much of the more 'conventional' Jazz especially with singers), Death Metal and some Classical (good musicianship sets these apart from most (not all) modern main stream stuff) I would put Harbeth high on my wish list of speakers.

Not cheap mind.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
Even though my musical taste is ... erm ... ecclectic with mostly instrumental Free Jazz (I don't like much of the more 'conventional' Jazz especially with singers), Death Metal and some Classical (good musicianship sets these apart from most (not all) modern main stream stuff) I would put Harbeth high on my wish list of speakers.

Not cheap mind.

/

Yes 3/4K is a lot of money in anyones book, but you'd pay double that for some brands to attain as good SQ as the SHL5 Plus, imho of course

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

TRENDING THREADS