want to upgrade jamo 200 sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive got an onkyo 606with a 5.1 jamo speaker set hooked up to it.

Im not sure if its a problem with my living room design or my sub, but in all of the seating areas in my lounge, apart from one, the sub sounds really flat. Ive tried moving it to different parts of the lounge but it only ever sounds good in 1 seat. Would upgrading the sub make any difference?

im not looking for earth shaking bass, but I would like all parts of the seating are to "feel it" and for it to be fairly equal across all areas. Am i being unrealistic in wanting that, is it achievable with the right sub?

My lounge is roughly 12" x 20" but the seating are is about 12" x 12". What it be unreasonable to ask the local hifi shop to allow me to take some subs home to test? Ive heard some people say they have done this.

Im not looking to spend a fortune, maybe £400 tops.

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
newcomers:
Ive got an onkyo 606with a 5.1 jamo speaker set hooked up to it.

Im not sure if its a problem with my living room design or my sub, but in all of the seating areas in my lounge, apart from one, the sub sounds really flat. Ive tried moving it to different parts of the lounge but it only ever sounds good in 1 seat. Would upgrading the sub make any difference?

im not looking for earth shaking bass, but I would like all parts of the seating are to "feel it" and for it to be fairly equal across all areas. Am i being unrealistic in wanting that, is it achievable with the right sub?

My lounge is roughly 12" x 20" but the seating are is about 12" x 12". What it be unreasonable to ask the local hifi shop to allow me to take some subs home to test? Ive heard some people say they have done this.

Im not looking to spend a fortune, maybe £400 tops.

Thanks

Before you do anything, try this as I had the same speakers and the sub was definitely the strong point. On your receiver, set your speakers to small and have the crossover set at 130Khz. Have the sub on auto and keep it on at all times. Try again and see what you think.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:Before you do anything, try this as I had the same speakers and the sub was definitely the strong point. On your receiver, set your speakers to small and have the crossover set at 130Khz. Have the sub on auto and keep it on at all times. Try again and see what you think.

Ive tried that and still its made no difference. Im going to pop into to the local home cinema shop, is it unreasonable to ask them to allow me to take a sub home and try it out? is that the done thing?:#

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts