Want to connect my preamp (no phone output) with some headphone amp

Bartez1975

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to connect my preamp (Quad Elite pre-amp) (no phone output) with some headphone amp.

So I want to listing on headphones to everything that preamp gets as inputs (radio, cd, turntable, sat tuner etc...)

What are my options?

Any sugestions regarding headphone amp? I have one (luxman p-200 but that is someting that is in a seperate room just for CD listening)

A

Anonymous

:read: Show some manners and someone might help you, just a thought....

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Bartez1975 said:
I want to connect my preamp (Quad Elite pre-amp) (no phone output) with some headphone amp.

So I want to listing on headphones to everything that preamp gets as inputs (radio, cd, turntable, sat tuner etc...)

What are my options?

Any sugestions regarding headphone amp? I have one (luxman p-200 but that is someting that is in a seperate room just for CD listening)

You just need to connect the headphone amp via the Tape OUT socket on your preamp, you can then listen to all the sources.

Bartez1975

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for a good info eggontoast. I will solve it that way.

Just wondering if it is a compromise to the sound? For example if I connect CD directly to amp or if I connect it via tape out.

I know I can test this but wondering if the tape out output is sonicaly worse then CD out.

Thanks again for any input. I will put "please help me" and "thank you" plus "forgive me that I'm breathing" in every post so the guys above will be happy :rofl:

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Bartez1975 said:
Just wondering if it is a compromise to the sound? For example if I connect CD directly to amp or if I connect it via tape out.

I know I can test this but wondering if the tape out output is sonicaly worse then CD out.

Depends on the amplifier.

Most Tape outputs are just linked to the source internally, sometimes they have a series resistance to prevent oscillation and other times they are fully buffered by an opamp. I don't have a schematic for your preamp so can't say which it has....you'll just have to try and see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts