Wall mount Panasonic advice needed ASAP

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Have got a 37LDZ80 for son's room won a AARTON-LCD 1111 mount a year ago on another forum , question is the 4 screws for connecting the 2 mount brackets to TV would need to be screwed in about an inch is this okay? don't want to screw in to far and damage TV but obviously the mounts need to solid on TV . Anyone any experience of how far they normally go in..

A

Anonymous

No idea about the wallmount but like the lyrics from Mexixan Radio by Wall of Voodoo. One of my favourite songs. Great band.Have you heard their cover of Ring Of Fire?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
bobbyg81:No idea about the wallmount but like the lyrics from Mexixan Radio by Wall of Voodoo. One of my favourite songs. Great band.Have you heard their cover of Ring Of Fire?

No I haven't will look on Spotify next time im on. Bought a CD of him covering the classics my mum loved it..

No-one got any idea what's normal length to screw into TV when attaching a wall bracket??

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have wall mounted a few sets and never used the manufactures own wall mount so can only advise from personal experiance of the various mounts I have used (sorry can't recall makes etc)

Every mount I have used has shipped with bolts/rawplugs for attaching the actual mount to the wall (sizes of bolts/plugs dependant upon size of mount and TV size it is designed to hold)

I am guessing that seeing as your TV is 37" it has a standard "plasma" type fitting as opposed to either of the smaller VESA LCD type configurations where a small plate is fixed to the rear of the TV. The plasma type fitting will generally consist of 2 fitting bars which may look differant dependant upon if the mount is fixed or adjustible viewing angles. Either way these will ship with a set of bolts and plastic spacers, normally these spacers are placed on the TV side of the bracket attachment. Carefully start to tighten the 4 bolts until there is no apparant slack left and job done, just lift the TV onto the mount attached to the wall.

I have tried just to see how far the bolts do go into the back of the TV placing a bolt on its own and with all the sets I have tried this with all of them got to a point where they would go no further and started to meet a higher amount of resistance and in my book with tightening any kind of bolt/screw this is a very good point to stop.

Hope that helps
emotion-2.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Cheers DJ , Its not manufacturers bracket (15 degree tilt) but its 4 bolts for wall mount and 4 x Philips screws for connecting the 2 brackets to TV (bolts are too big .. I recall some post here awhile back about cracked plasma caused by maybe screwed in to tight so just a bit nervous .. No worries bout anything else tho its my first , had my 50 " Plasma done by installer but since its an LCD and walls are solid brick thought do this one myself.
emotion-1.gif

sntee

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Try working out how deep the threaded portion of the insert in the back of the TV is (use a paper-clip or similar - straighten it out then insert into the threaded hole and slide up the side wall of the hole - you should be able to feel the depth of the threaded insert)

Any length of the bolt that protrudes further than the threaded portion will be in fresh air and therefore won't be providing any additional support. Just use a fine tooth hacksaw to saw the bolt to length then a file to smooth off any burrs.

In truth, in any nut and bolt assembly it is only the first couple of threads that actually provide strength / clamp force to the joint, due to the clearances built into the design of the two elements and minute differences in the pitch of both threads.

Hope the above helps and didn't sound condescending
emotion-2.gif

Oh, and be careful with that paperclip!!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Not sure if you are still looking for advice but as a guide... I just wall mounted a Panasonic L37V10 and the TVs manual specified the screws should enter the back of the TV by 9-12mm of thread. Seems quite specific, but I guess if yours go in by at least 9mm you should be OK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts