Volume levels from streaming sites?

Lugs

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
In days gone by I used to put on a cd or lp, set the volume, sit back & relax to some tunes? However the sound level between old recordings & newly released songs on streaming sites is set at such differing volumes it's unbearable. Surely there must be a way of setting it that it does not go from insane loud to barely audible? I've signed up to TIDAL & using a SONOS connect via it's digital output into my cd player which has digital inputs.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Lugs said:
In days gone by I used to put on a cd or lp, set the volume, sit back & relax to some tunes? However the sound level between old recordings & newly released songs on streaming sites is set at such differing volumes it's unbearable. Surely there must be a way of setting it that it does not go from insane loud to barely audible? I've signed up to TIDAL & using a SONOS connect via it's digital output into my cd player which has digital inputs. ?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

Howzit

Is this just on tidal? While i have noticed it it has not been as drastic for me.

It used to bother me with my flac collection of ripped cds as some were very quiet sounding compared to others so i played with the settings on jriver to help level them all out but in the end i changed it back to.standard and just exepted some are louder than others.

Im not sure if there is a dynamic range level or something similar on tidal.

TRENDING THREADS