Virgin V+ Box question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm finding that recording HD programmes (especially movies) eats up the tiny hard drive on my V-box. Natch.

Does anybody know if there's a way to connect an external hard drive that'll slave to the box? Given the low price of a TB of storage it would make sense and I don't really want to shell out £200 for the TiVo just now.

Virgin have absolutely NO idea, of course.

I know I can archive via SCART but I assume that'll only be SD material, look poor and take forever.

Messiah

I have done many a search on this and it would seem that at the moment this is not possible. Shame.

I expect it is to ensure programmes/films are not able to be transferred to your PC and from there onto file sharing services.

A

Anonymous

How about taking the hard drive out and copying all of the data to a larger drive then putting the larger drive back in the box. (Might stuff your warranty though!)

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
May be wrong but I think i recall seeing somewhere its not that simple as swapping the disk , maybe it could be done as suggested by copying but think something on disk (file or whatever) that box check for..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts