Virgin Media?!!!!! Do they treat all there customers with contempt?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i wondered if im alone here, i ordered Virgin broadband 50meg and Virgin XL phone line back in October last year, i gave them my postcode and they said it couldnt be fitted as my house is new (Its 8 yrs old!) and being not in there cable area wasnt available. This is despite the fact that i live in at 16a in a road where both houses 16 and 18 have all services available. I explained that it could be fitted and even one of their spotters confirmed to them that it could be fitted!!!

(It took them over 2 months to get it fitted to my house despite numerous phone calls to there overseas call centres and various members of their staff saying it wasnt possible to be installed!!!) However since fitting, the phone and broadband were working fine to the point of wanting to get Virgin TV in. Now the fun started again i live at number 16 according to virgins records!!! and telling them that they supply me at 16a and confirming all my details at 16a they are saying that i cant get virgin tv or broadband! when i explain that they are supplying me they say no, you can only have a virgin phone line and upto 20meg broadband but no tv or fibre optic broadband????!! Ive again had a spotter confirm that it can be fitted. Ive since gone and ordered Virgin HD V+ via the Virgin web site complete with giving all payment details and got an order number as of the 17th of Feb supposedly one of their team are coming to fit my Virgin TV as of the 3rd of March between 10am and 2pm. Its now the 9th and im still waiting????? Everytime i ring up and explain whats going/gone on i get staff that are clearly overseas and have no idea.

Is it too much to ask for a decent level of service/competance? Im a customer prepared to spend alot of money on TV,Broadband and phone. (I also want Tivo when its available! and 100mg broadband upgrade again when its available) And to top it off now my broadbands playing up!!!!! and doesnt want to connect intermittently! and again crap customer service. WHAT DO I DO!??????? HELP PLEASE FORUM MEMBERS!

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Krayzee,

Try calling between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm Monday to Friday as I've always got through to very helpful people based here in the UK (as it's a 24 hour service, they seem to switch to the overseas 'helpline' overnight and yes, they are absolutely useless).

See if you get any better help then.

Rob

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
krayzee .... ''or fibre optic broadband????!!

They might be right in saying that part.... as the way I think it is with Virgin is that the fibre optic cable only goes to the ''box'' from which the copper cable is then used to connect to all the addresses in the area.

Phoning in the morning Monday -Friday usually gets you connected to someone in the UK I've also found. It sounds plain daft that they don't know that they can supply your address though lolz.

When you phone and get their options... try get through to customer services and complain about how you are being treated...... you may even get yourself a 'deal' for being messed about.... ask about this as well ? Wish you good luck with them.... the broadband is real good as is their tv service I've found :)

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Virgin Media do offer phone and broadband services via existing BT copper networks in non-cabled streets.

The TV service needs fibre-optics in the street.

Are you sure that your neighbours are using Virgin TV? If the maximum broadband speed they can offer is 20meg, I reckon your street is not fibre-optic!

As for the customer service, I can't really comment on that as I have never had any problems.

EDIT: Just re-read your post again. Your 'spotter' has definitely confirmed it is a cabled area? Look out for small rectangular covers on the pavement, usually with CATV on them.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
The problems are always caused by the rigid systems that are set up and can't be altered by the operator, who just presses buttons. If he/she can't see the correct button to click on, you're not going to get what you need. I remember ordering something in a Currys store and when arranging the delivery, the salesperson couldn't enter my house number correctly, which ends in A but is a house, not a flat. After what seemed like an eternity of going through the same process again and again and seeking assistance from a colleague, I had to leave it set as the number sans A and with the addition of a note. Sure enough they tried to deiiver to next door.

TRENDING THREADS