Vinyl is King....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I've had a vinyl-tastic morning, the highlight of which has been listening to the heavyweight pressing of 2004's remaster of Elvis' Sun Sessions.

Bliss.

May have to buy some more vinyl when i'm out later. Here's hoping HMV's restocked since last time...

A

Anonymous

vinil is so good but i sadly do not have as much money to invest as dady (he go imself a clearaudio master ref tq-I ) i only have 1 vinil and thats nirvana nevermind and the sound is sooo gooood its alive its organic may be ill get one of those when i become a head chef but for now i still have 957 cds to listen to

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Wow, a Master Reference in the family! I'd be round my Dad's a lot....

Nevermind was also on the listening line-up yesterday - awesome on vinyl.

A

Anonymous

my dad lives back home in italy i wouldnt have to buy a hifi if i lived with him i could use his musical fidelity pre /power amp his pathos cd player/spaceship and his jamo r909(big! )would be wery happy ....

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare. I`m so glad I never threw out my vinyl collection. I`m convinced it still sounds better than cd`s. Can`t wait to get a new Pro-ject Xperience turntable! Long live vinyl! Regards, Stuart.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Stuart,

You'll be pleased to know we've got a lot more vinyl features (from turntable and cartridge tests to storage round-ups nearer Christmas) planned in the mag...

A

Anonymous

Seems to be a bit of an opinion building that vinyl beats CD which has me intrigued. I dont have much vinyl (hardly any actually) and have never owned a decent player. I might have to head off to the dealer to have a listen. I'm still amazed at the resurgence of recent years. When CD hit the big time, I'd seriously have thought vinyl dead and buried by now.

A

Anonymous

Yeah - I've been etting more and more inbterested in getting a turntable again.

Got a bunch of albums in the loft and would love to play them again.

I will always remember two CDs in particular were a real letdown after vinyl - Yes; Close To The Edge (still one of my best ever albums though) and Fleetwood Mac Tusk. Even after my rubbish old gear of years ago, the CD version of these was a big letdown.

Just gotta convince the missus! Ebay is the way for me, I think!

A

Anonymous

Cartridge tests?? I thought I'd never see another one of those again.

Top banana!

A

Anonymous

I used to be a complete Vinyl evangelist a few years ago - my Sondek was just sooo much better than my CD player. I got it second hand for a couple of hundred quid after one of my mates (who had a systemdeck) basically bullied me mercilessly into buying it. I don't think he would have let me leave the guys house without it. Sometimes your mates really do know what's best for you.

It wasn't until I a. grew up a (little) bit and b. got the Ki63Sig that I calmed down a bit. Since the Marantz I can listen to either format quite happily depending on what I want to listen to, which is a far better place to be. The record deck *is* better, but it's also worth far more. Both are seriously enjoyable to listen to. I'm a lucky bunny.

A

Anonymous

I would tend to agree that some albums indeed sounded better on vinyl, unfortunately I have to listen to these at a mates house, as my collection on vinyl and deck went up in smoke.
The other points that I would also like to make is that I believe vinyl has a much more inviting sound, warmer as opposed to the cd being more clinical, also there is still a lot of vinyl out there and with no cd's available for some of them, what choice does one have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts